Did you know?

An environment for anything from relaxed general discussion topics to intense debates. Just remember to show some respect and keep things on topic.
darkly

Re: Did you know?

Post by darkly »

Agent Of Fortune wrote:
darkly wrote:
Agent Of Fortune wrote:Hey Darkly, this is Hoss. I'm in the same boat. I think as we get older, the boat gets fuller and fuller. I always come around every once in a while, but I'm too busy to come back regularly like i did in the old days. I remember spending hours and hours on the forums back then. That just completely boggles my mind now. :shock:
Hoss!! :help: :D Good to see you! I'm glad to hear that you still come around. What are you doing now? working?
Do you ever see Deadpool these days?
Yeah, I work as a programmer at a college. I'm married ( :shock: ) and have a house, so that keeps me pretty busy. I don't get to come online like I used to.

Unfortunately, DP moved to Chicago, so I don't really get to see him anymore. He was my best man, so he came home at that time, and then he came home this past year over New Years, so that was cool. He's still online and on facebook. PM me if you want his email address and such.
Oh that's right! DP told me you got married :D congratulations to beeing married! Best of luck to you :clap:
I see him on msn every now and then. Ah so you are both on facebook, one of these days I should probably go find some of you there.
Sounds like life is pretty good for you Hoss :D I'm happy for you. And I do hope you get to show shenmue to your kids someday.
darkly

Post by darkly »

ys wrote:
darkly wrote: Norway will always be doing good I think.
Since English isn't my first language it'll always be a bit of swedish in it :P
ys, I've always wondered where you got your user name from?
Difficult for all non-native English speakers to get all traces of their own mother tongue out of English I guess.

And my user name is actually my initials :P Then after choosing it I thought it also fit well with Yu Suzuki having the same ones. Which is also visible as his ys-sign in Shenmue for that matter.

Speaking of Deadpool. That's another name I haven't seen in a long while. But as soon as someone mentions people who used to hang around before I still remember many of those names as if it was yesterday.

PS Jag visste inte att du pratade svenska.
Your initials, Yngve is the first name that comes to mind :D but you don't have to tell me if I'm right.
Yeah you never really forget all those people from the good old days. Which is also why it's so cool that this place is still around and shenmuedojo too. Anything you post here that's meant for someone who isn't around today can be read by them someday in the future.

P.S Jodå jag pratar svenska ;)
Ryudo

Post by Ryudo »

I always thought ys got his name from the RPG series ys. :P
ys

Post by ys »

Heh, nope. I only thought about that afterwards actually for some reason. Just like with the ys/Yu Suzuki-thing. But I liked the "coincidence" that it was gaming related so I stuck with it.
darkly wrote: Your initials, Yngve is the first name that comes to mind :D but you don't have to tell me if I'm right.

P.S Jodå jag pratar svenska ;)
It's not Yngve but it's indeed the first thing that comes to mind with the letter y maybe. It's not a typical Swedish name so to speak :P I've only seen one guy before with the name on Swedish tv. Some athlete.

PS Jasså, jag hade ingen aning. Man lär sig någonting nytt varje dag tydligen ;)

PPS I'll try to stick to English from now on. I never knew darkly spoke Swedish though.
Hvergelmir dreki
Með høfuðum ellifu
Frá Utgarði
Ek kalla þik

Ryudo

Post by Ryudo »

I just found this on my PC and I don't even remember making it.

It's the ugliest damn thing I ever made.

tao

Post by tao »

I remember that! :lol:
darkly

Post by darkly »

Haha nice :D poor Inesan!