Shenmue Dojo Dead or Under Construction?

An environment for anything from relaxed general discussion topics to intense debates. Just remember to show some respect and keep things on topic.
Ryudo

Re: Shenmue Dojo Dead or Under Construction?

Post by Ryudo »

:lol: Gone yet again.
Fuck it. This is the worst I have ever seen of handling a situation like this.
No warning of a move,no updates,yeah good way to keep members is to leave them in the dark. At some point people give up and don't come back and anyone who dealt with the problems old HD had can tell you that.

Pretty much what lead it to being a ghost town today even though this forum is not the same HD.
RobotWillie

Post by RobotWillie »

I see.........

Thank god the internet is a big place with plenty of things to see and do. A young boy could get lost in it never to return.

There's a dead bird in my backyard :( .
[mYLES]

Post by [mYLES] »

That gif is a tease Blue I wanna see a good nudie link from you now.
Peter

Post by Peter »

I know an announcement would have been nice. Why does Hellraiser not take a course in PR. Seriously like post a sentence on the facebook page or something. I finally want to get back into the Dojo again after a few years of absence, and it gets stolen or something. Now thats gay!
ys

Post by ys »

When I happened to speak to him he gave some explanation and said that he would provide some more details to everyone afterwards. I'm just not mentioning details since I don't know if it's supposed to be "secret" or not. I don't know, maybe if someone just asks on youtube?
Hvergelmir dreki
Með høfuðum ellifu
Frá Utgarði
Ek kalla þik

RobotWillie

Post by RobotWillie »

I think the only response to peoples questions on youtube was "Don't worry guys, it will be back soon"

And more sad news, both the baby birds died too. I think it was a mom defending her babies from something and they all perished. :no:
Yama

Post by Yama »

I'm surprised Hellraiser didn't announce it, that is indeed a bit off the wall. However it was all for good reason and happened a bit sudden, not to make excuses for him. The site was moved and due to Host Gator's services not being up to snuff, it took a bit longer than expected. I have received the ownership of the site and plan to do more than just continue it's old presence. For one, to show my love to both the series and community, I've spent quite a bit of time creating a new design. What was to be a placeholder index as a preview is now fully in the works. The old site was to be accessible during this period of progression, however instead I took it upon myself to get more or less the entire site in the new shell. On top of it a new community forum with new features is being modded into it. To save time, many of the older articles have been copied into the new shell with little code changed, but this not only saves time, but actually looks just right and keeps a bit of the old Dojo intact. Again, I apologize for Hellraiser not announcing this; some of it would have been a nice surprise, but most certainly not the downtime. I'll continue working hard on the website and plan to have the new site up no later than tomorrow. Hope to see most of you there. I'm not looking to change anything in the community that isn't in need of change, but if there is a community being split, I'd love to see that change. Shenmue fans surely need to stick together. Let other sites be fun options, not a must to escape to. Anyhow, hope everyone enjoys what is to come. Take care.
Riku

Post by Riku »

^Who's this?

I've said for awhile the site needs some new paint since it really looks dated. But I just looked at the forums and hope what I just see isn't the future design.
Peter

Post by Peter »

what the hell? The dojo isnt owned by Hellraiser anymore? Ive fell for this trick before, il wait n see how this pans out but Yama is legit. I remember him from the old days. If my predictions of a Shenmue 'rebirth' come true, a new look forum should have a positive effect on the community.

Il look forward to seeing whats ahead.
Last edited by Peter on Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ryudo

Post by Ryudo »

yama is an old vet. Also runs the resident evil site.
Yama is the staff the same? And will this mean Axm comes back. I miss the old fella.
Peter

Post by Peter »

yea Axm is cool. Bring back future boy! Id like to think the same staff members remain. They all do a great job.

Im just hoping my 'neo ryo' avatar is still on my account. I uploaded that 6 years ago and its been with me ever since.
Last edited by Peter on Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Riku

Post by Riku »

I'm glad that Ziming spent so much of his own money (And those who donated) to keep that site up even though he rarely posts there. He seems more intrested in building his Youtube channel then the website so good luck to him. I just had a look at the Resident Evil site and it seems like Yama may spend more time updating. I would be happier with the current design then the one that is currently up.

All work and no Dojo make Riku a dull boy.
Peter

Post by Peter »

i always loved the dojo look. I never thought it need changing, but im openminded
Ryudo

Post by Ryudo »

Yeah I like the gray. Easy on the eyes. I HATE HATE HATE bright forums as they seriously hurt my eyes.
Bysby did the old Dragon grey design and HD's. Law and his yakuza forums also keep the classic gray.
Should be a staple look for the forums.
Yama

Post by Yama »

Thanks for the support. The new design is not up, it will all go up at once.

Ryudo, we'll definitely keep the same staff, as long as they are active or have contributed. If there are inactive members however, it may be best they are removed until their willing return. We can definitely talk about it all once the site is up, we need a fresh direction without losing the positive history the site has had.

Riku, I've been around for quite some time in various communities. This one as well, just haven't been here in a while (see my account is gone). Last time I checked it was closed. This is the website Ryudo was reffering to, though I run a few. http://www.biohaze.com/

Everything should be up by tomorrow, really hope to see everyone there.

Edit: Ryudo, don't worry. While I may have changed some things for what I feel is the better, I would never touch the staple look. Dark forums, un-like Biohaze, haha. :thumbsup: