What are you watching now?

Discuss a wide variety of things that entertain you! Movies, television, music, sports, anime: it's all welcome here!
AnimeGamer183

Re: What are you watching now?

Post by AnimeGamer183 »

I started watching True Blood which is a kick ass show! But be warned it takes place in Louisiana and it has a very big southern influence, me being from the south I think that made me like it even more... infact I have seen similar stuff ACTUALLY happen (not the whole vampire bit, but other things that happen in the show).

Also I started watching the new season of Clone Wars on Cartoon network, boss show

Oh yeah, and the new season of family guy, and the cleveland show (which is definitely worth a watch).
Vyse Hazuky

Post by Vyse Hazuky »

Psycho IV

it's not very good
Ryudo

Post by Ryudo »

Vyse Hazuky wrote:Psycho IV

it's not very good
When I first saw it in the video rental store many years ago I loved the concept.
WOW..it was executed so poorly.
Sterling
Administrator

Post by Sterling »

The Cleveland Show is quite possibly the stupidest show I've ever suffered through. I simply cannot believe King of the Hill was axed in favour of that tripe.
What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons. You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one.
Vyse Hazuky

Post by Vyse Hazuky »

Ryudo wrote:
Vyse Hazuky wrote:Psycho IV

it's not very good
When I first saw it in the video rental store many years ago I loved the concept.
WOW..it was executed so poorly.
I was surprised to see ET's "Eliot" in there, I didn't know before watching that he was in it.

But yeah, that movie was a long cliché.
tao

Post by tao »

Watched Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory tonight. Wonderful film. Never gets old
Ryudo wrote: I last watched The Watchmen,story was cool but the execution of this film from someone who never read the comic seems just bleh..movie tried but I just was not blown away or even that entertained. I just saw what seemed to be a great story nipped and cut to save time.
And Mr nipples blond man and those terrible costumes made me think of Batman and Robin.

I just saw this a few nights ago. I totally agree. Somehow its execution was very poorly done, the adaptation from comic book to movie not very smooth-- however faithful it is to its source. It seemed choppy and felt like an overall drag. I had a hint of what was to come when the opening title sequence took 20 years to finish. The acting overall was very wooden, with the exception of Haley's portrayal as Rorschach (kind of Clint Eastwood-like.)

Also felt the soundtrack was a bit too "NAME THAT TUNE!" I kept getting thrown off and got irritated whenever a song started to play. Worse, I can actually name most of them.
Yukupo
Administrator

Post by Yukupo »

^ I think it would have worked way better as a series or something. It seemed like way too much story for the amount of time they had.
AnimeGamer183

Post by AnimeGamer183 »

Blood The Last Vampire (Live Action)

shitty CGI and a couple other nay says, but other than that SOOOO MUCH WIN!

I never watched a live action movie, and it felt like I was watching an anime... until now. :)

Could tell the budget was running out in a few areas, but when you look at the whole, they did a pretty good job all things considered. The movie is in english, with a couple parts in japanese, definitely worth a watch if you are a fan of the anime series/movie.
Yukupo
Administrator

Post by Yukupo »

The pilot episode of V.
Ryudo

Post by Ryudo »

Yukupo wrote:The pilot episode of V.
I watched it only for the Firefly cast but as for TV series remakes go,it was ok I guess,nothing special.
Now just await the reptile aliens to eat our rats again.
:P
tao

Post by tao »

Baby Face
Flesh and the Devil

Root for the bitch.
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Saw the movie "Bruno" last night. It goes back and forth from hilarity to disturbing. Poor Ron Paul...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7RnlPQCKBQ

Banned for life from Shenmue Dojo for being too awesome for the server to handle
tao

Post by tao »

I saw 2001: A Space Odyssey a few nights ago and earlier tonight I watched Up
AnimeGamer183

Post by AnimeGamer183 »

The last movie I watched was X-Men The Last Stand (which I had never seen before), lets just forget that film ever got made.

I also watched Jumper recently, and I can now say I dont like Christian haydensen at all as an actor (not that I liked him before). The movie actually had a cool idea, and a hot main chick but ultimately it felt lacking and incomplete and rushed.
tao

Post by tao »

I saw Supersize Me. I swear I felt my lovehandles sag.