Gyakuten Saiban/Ace Attorney series

The wonderful world of video games awaits you. Console or PC. Old school or new school. Sony, Microsoft, or Nintendo. It doesn't matter. We don't discriminate.
Sterling
Administrator

Re: Gyakuten Saiban/Ace Attorney series

Post by Sterling »

Ash wrote:For those who have played it; what were your opinions on Apollo Justice? Better, worse, or comparable to Phoenix's arc?
I was very disappointed with the core story of Phoenix getting disbarred and the introduction of a new protaganist. Apollo is ok, but PW was awesome and his personality just completely changed to boot. Also, after playing through all the previous games especially the epic last case of T&T it felt like everything in those first three games was for naught. It's like Capcom tried way too hard to build a new game for a new generation or whatever.
Spoiler: (Highlight to read)
Also, it annoys me that we know more about Apollo's family than Phoenix's
What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons. You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one.
Ash

Post by Ash »

Takumi, (the director), didn't even want Phoenix to be in 4. As far as he was concerned, Phoenix's story ended in Trials and Tribulations. It was Capcom that forced him to include Phoenix, which I think was a bad move for the series. Regarding the change in Phoenix's personality, I've mentioned it before, but I really don't care for Phoenix in AJ, especially after Turnabout Trump.

Also, it's pretty much what everyone expected, but it seems the English name for Gyakuten Kenji will be Ace Attorney Investigations. http://gonintendo.com/?p=80474 . (Second picture in the top right.)
Riku

Post by Riku »

New game coming to US and Europe in winter.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/new-a ... and-motogp
Ash

Post by Ash »

That's fast. :shock:

English trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3G1wJ_3Wgw . This gives away the first killer too. :P
Sterling
Administrator

Post by Sterling »

By the way, Trials and Tribulations was awesome. They should have a whole game of Mia, I'd buy that.
What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons. You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one.
Ash

Post by Ash »

Avon wrote:By the way, Trials and Tribulations was awesome.
It was, in my opinion. :D
Please don't read if you haven't finished Trials and Tribulations.

Although, I have to admit, I hope the murderer in the final case of Apollo's arc isn't as tragic as the final killer in Phoenix's arc.
Sterling
Administrator

Post by Sterling »

Ash wrote:
Please don't read if you haven't finished Trials and Tribulations.

Although, I have to admit, I hope the murderer in the final case of Apollo's arc isn't as tragic as the final killer in Phoenix's arc.
I hope it is because he needs something to juice him up.
Riku

Post by Riku »

Do we know when this is set yet? Is it before or after the PW games?
Ash

Post by Ash »

It takes place after Trials and Tribulations.

Gyakuten Kenji has been out for around a month now, seems to be getting generally positive reviews.
It has five cases, and apparently case five is one of the longest in series so far.
In an interview with the Gyakuten Kenji producer, he stated that there would probably be more Kenji games. Although Edgeworth may not be the main character again, apparently, Ema Skye was supposed to be the main character of Kenji.

The producer of Kenji also offered to help the GS team with Gyakuten Saiban 5, although wasn't any mention in the interview of how far they are with GS5.
Riku

Post by Riku »

Now that Comic Con has officially kicked off we’d like to begin the festivities by announcing some great Capcom news for Ace Attorney Investigation: Miles Edgeworth and Fate/unlimited codes. Plus we have a friendly reminder regarding Monster Hunter Freedom Unite.

Switching gears, another fabulous Capcom title, Ace Attorney Investigation: Miles Edgeworth, will hit the U.S on February 16, 2010 for the Nintendo DS. This time around, the player takes on the role of famed prosecutor Miles Edgeworth, a memorable rival of charismatic legal eagle Phoenix Wright. Edgeworth actively investigates crime scenes in order to pursue the truth behind each case. By solving the challenging puzzles presented to him, Edgeworth will work with the police to bring criminals to justice. This too will be featured at the booth so come on by and get your first taste of the latest edition to Capcom’s crime investigation series – a series that was so hot it warranted a spin-off title. For more information about Ace Attorney Investigation: Miles Edgeworh, head on over to http://ace-attorney.com/
http://www.gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=90441

Shit wanted it this year.
Ash

Post by Ash »

English Flash playable demo is up.

Please be aware though, this demo includes the introduction of the first case, which contains a spoiler for the first case. If you don't want any of the story spoiled until you have the full game, you're probably better off not playing this.

http://www.gamespot.com/misc/presentati ... ml?popup=1
Ryudo

Post by Ryudo »

Ash do you plan on Downloading the ones on Wiiware even if they are just episodes of the first game?

I don't think I will unless I do a impulse buy.
Ash

Post by Ash »

I'm not planning to, I'm not really enough of a fan to buy the same game twice. :oops:
Ash

Post by Ash »

A warning, if you plan on playing Ace Attorney Investigations, unless you want to be spoiled, please do not look up (especially on Youtube) any information about the soundtrack, as one of the song titles is a late game spoiler.