The Corona Check in Topic

An environment for anything from relaxed general discussion topics to intense debates. Just remember to show some respect and keep things on topic.
Brotherman

The Corona Check in Topic

Post by Brotherman »

Hello everyone. Just wanted to make sure everyone is okay with all that is going on.
darkly

Re: The Corona Check in Topic

Post by darkly »

These are some crazy times. Things are escalating here, most people started working from home this week and the general advice is to stay home and not visit people over 70 but no quarantine yet. People have started hoarding lots of toilet paper and pasta but other than that things are mostly ok for now. So I'll be spending some time at home for a while, won't be visiting my parents until things settle down as they are over 70 and the city I'm in is currently the place with the most Corona cases in my country at the moment.

How are things where you are at?
Brotherman

Post by Brotherman »

We're okay. All of the toilet paper is gone in all of the stores. I think South Carolina has 60 cases as of right now. My new job has me working from home now. Probably going to be for the next month from what I'm hearing. We've been flooded with VPN setup request from our clients.
Ryudo

Post by Ryudo »

Ok so far
Yukupo
Administrator

Post by Yukupo »

Working at home indefinitely for now. Mostly fine for me in particular. I'm just worried about other folks who aren't so lucky.
darkly

Post by darkly »

How are you all doing?
Yukupo
Administrator

Post by Yukupo »

Oh jeez. my last post in here is from March and I'm still the same. Still at home. I did order a new desk though, finally. Going to improve my ergonomics.
Brotherman

Post by Brotherman »

Still doing okay here. Wearing my mask everywhere I go, cases been spiking really high in South Carolina lately. Still need to get a new chair for my desk.
darkly

Post by darkly »

^Improving your home ergonomics is a great thing to do! I had a head start as I started studying from home several years ago. One thing you notice pretty soon is just that, that you need to create a good home working environment. Lots of room to be creative too, over here people have started using ironing boards as tables because you can raise them high enough to be able to stand and work.

Corona is spiking here too so I'll continue to stay home as much as possible.
Ryudo

Post by Ryudo »

Still at home. Got shocked by my ICD last week so while worried about Corona I now worry about the ticker again lol. 2020 has been wild. Good to see you guys are safe.
darkly

Post by darkly »

^Hang in there, Ryudo. Sorry to hear about the ticker, hopefully, things will get better for you soon. 2020 has been wild alright, hopefully, 2021 brings nothing but comfy sofas so that we all can just take a moment and relax and eat popcorn :eatpopcorn:
Yukupo
Administrator

Post by Yukupo »

It really has. Looking forward to this being over. Good luck Ryudo!
Brotherman

Post by Brotherman »

Hope everyone is doing well. I got my first of vaccine shot about a week ago, it wasn't too bad. I will continue to keep you in my prayers, Ryudo. I also hope 2021 is treating everyone better.