Shenmue III delayed until November 19th

Discuss the Shenmue saga!
Brotherman

Shenmue III delayed until November 19th

Post by Brotherman »

Engadget wrote:
If you've been waiting patiently for the arrival of Shenmue III, you'll have to temper your excitement a little longer. The long-awaited third installment in the classic series has been delayed yet again. Ryo Hazuki is now expected to return to your screens November 19th.

Creator and director Yu Suzuki and publisher Deep Silver said while Shenmue III is almost done, "the game simply needs a little more refinement before being truly finished." The crowdfunding campaign for the sequel took place in 2015, and the game was initially supposed to arrive in December 2017. The release was pushed back until the second half of 2018, and then again to August 27th before the latest delay.

At least this time around, the delay is down to a few months rather than a year or more. In that sense, it does seem Suzuki's Ys Net team is edging closer to finally getting Shenmue III ready for PS4 and PC.

Engadget
I rather for it to be delayed (again), then be a rushed POS. :)
Yukupo
Administrator

Re: Shenmue III delayed until November 19th

Post by Yukupo »

Same. We also got a new trailer at e3 :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95UGztD5_jM
darkly

Post by darkly »

Shenmue 3 is looking better and better! This IGN article is an interesting read and it helped remind me of some of the things that I liked about the earlier games and that'll help make Shenmue 3 special too: https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/06/12 ... -a-e3-2019
Shenmue is indeed an experience that demands the player to slow down and take time to breathe in the world.

One interesting new detail mentioned in this article is that Ryo now has to eat. In other games, this sometimes just makes things boring but in Shenmue I think it'll work nicely. What do you think?

Also, the game is confirmed to be exclusive to Epic game store (at least at first on PC) which is making some people angry. I don't find it surprising though as Epic is currently offering better deals than Steam. It would make sense that more games will choose Epic then. It also feels a bit like this Steam vs Epic thing is really all between Steam and Epic and the game developers to renegotiate better pricing and deals, and users are sort of just bystanders. For me, I'll buy it regardless if it's on Steam or Epic. What do you think about this whole Epic vs Steam thing?

Can't wait to get to experience the world of Shenmue again!
Yukupo
Administrator

Post by Yukupo »

I'm impressed how much it has come together. Seeing the latest videos is like, this is Shenmue. I don't mind the eating thing. Now I can actually go to all the cool restaurants Ryo always refuses to eat at. :lol:

I don't have much of an opinion about the Epic thing. I can see why someone would be upset that they thought they were getting it on Steam and it was changed after they backed it. But it does feel like the blow back to it is pretty disproportional. I dunno.

Anyway, I'm already getting the PS4 version but I'd buy it on Epic if I was going PC.
Ryudo

Post by Ryudo »

That's fine. I have so much to play until then