How Feel you?

An environment for anything from relaxed general discussion topics to intense debates. Just remember to show some respect and keep things on topic.
Ash

Re: How Feel you?

Post by Ash »

Most of my work team are in America; none of them were happy, a couple of them were even driven to tears by the news.
darkly

Post by darkly »

^I watched the election on tv, disappointing news.

I feel alright because I got my degree certificate today! Although I did finish in july, I didn’t apply until now because I’ve been busy procrastinating. Also, I didn't really need the certificate to be admitted to the advanced course.
Brotherman

Post by Brotherman »

I'm feeling pretty good. Just got accepted to an summer IT internship. Got another interview tomorrow with another IT hiring firm. After putting 30+ job applications, I feel relived that I have a job after I graduate. :sayprayers:
Brotherman

Post by Brotherman »

I hate to double post, but I'm feeling sad. My dog Scrappy passed away two days ago, and my family and I are still greving. ;_; We are going to miss him allot.
darkly

Post by darkly »

^Sorry to hear that. Dogs are awesome, I still think about our dog and she died 26 years ago. What kind of a dog was it?
Also, a double post is better than no post (at least that's what I think). Sometimes things move to slowly here for you to wait when you have something you want to post. Personally, I'm more interested in what you have to say to care about anything else.
Brotherman

Post by Brotherman »

darkly wrote:^Sorry to hear that. Dogs are awesome, I still think about our dog and she died 26 years ago. What kind of a dog was it?
Also, a double post is better than no post (at least that's what I think). Sometimes things move to slowly here for you to wait when you have something you want to post. Personally, I'm more interested in what you have to say to care about anything else.
He was a Labrador mixed with Basset Hound. We adopted him back in 2003, after he just showed up behind our storage building one day. This is an old picture of him, he had been living indoors at my parents house for the last few years. I am an only child, so when I moved out he filled the missing void for my parents. He was big part of the family, and we're going to miss him dearly.
Attachments
2008_1130December112k80076.JPG
Ash

Post by Ash »

He's lovely.

I'm so sorry, Brotherman.
Brotherman

Post by Brotherman »

^ Thanks. My parents are visiting this weekend. They normally bring him along, so it feels sad he's not here too. And I can tell they're still morning him, despite their best efforts. We will be fine, it's just going to take some time. :cry:
darkly

Post by darkly »

^ :(
He was very cute. I love Labrador's, probably because that's what she was. The family dog, she was a black Labrador mix.

I feel like right here, right now, everything is ok. Everything is as it should be. Tomorrow, that'll probably change :|
Brotherman

Post by Brotherman »

Relaxed, but starting to get a little anxious. My It internship ended last week, and I'm scrabbling to find a full-time job. :help: I have to admit I am enjoying my time off, I have be going wide open since Spring brake. :x Might try to read a few books while I got time. 8-)
darkly

Post by darkly »

Miserable. Slipped on the ice and landed on my right hand (I'm right handed..) nearly two weeks ago and I'm still not well. Can't use my right hand at all at the moment. Will be spending Christmas at home alone since I can't really travel so that sucks. If my hand randomly falls off I'm going to be very annoyed. Would be nice if it at least got better until new years but I don't have much luck with anything these days.

You'll probably have a nicer Christmas than me so merry Christmas and happy new year everyone!
Ash

Post by Ash »

I'm sorry to hear that, Darkly. We're here for you.
darkly

Post by darkly »

^Thank you. It is getting better but I still can't use my hand, I don't think it'll get better before new years. So much anxiety right now because of this but at least I'm off the pain meds. So I should probably just take it easy for a while longer. I hope it gets better towards next week so I don't have to go to the doctor (because that makes me anxious as well). Sorry for complaining so much :oops: I'll get better soon. It's a bump in the road but if this last year hadn't been so bad for me I would've been able to handle it better. I really need fewer bumps in the road and some time to recharge.
Ash

Post by Ash »

darkly wrote: Sorry for complaining so much :oops:
No need to apologise, getting anything troubling you off your chest is very cathartic, and we're all happy to listen and help in anyway we can. :)

I hope your hand continues to improve. :)
Brotherman

Post by Brotherman »

^ *Co-signs*

I feel like I'm transitioning. :hmm: Last week I got hired at a IT consulting agency for a help desk position. And yesterday was my last day at my current/former job. I liked it there, but the work wasn't IT related (I was a circuit board repair technician). At some point they were supposed to move me into more IT related tasks, but my gut told me it was going to be a long time before they do. Plus the commute to and from work was wearing me down. So in my mind I know I made the right decision. But I feel sad because I got along really well with everyone there and now I'm going to have to start over. :cry: But the help desk job pays more, is closer, has more benefits, etc. 8-)