Shenmue 1, 2 HD to launch on PSN, XBLA - report

Discuss the Shenmue saga!
Brotherman

Shenmue 1, 2 HD to launch on PSN, XBLA - report

Post by Brotherman »

Euro Gamer wrote:Sega is ready to release HD updates of cult Dreamcast classics Shenmue and Shenmue 2, according to a new report.
Shenmue HD and Shenmue 2 HD will be released on the PlayStation Network and Xbox Live Arcade, Gamerzines claimed.
Indeed development of both titles has been finished for over a year, an anonymous source said. The hold up was due to Sega working out the future of the Shenmue franchise, apparently. "Namely, whether or not Shenmue 3 would ever see the light of day," said the report.
If true, Shenmue's HD revamp follows similar efforts with other cult Dreamcast games. Sega recently announced Jet Set Radio HD, due out this summer.
Sega issued Eurogamer the following statement: "The games that were mentioned are definitely among the most requested re-releases. We can't go into specifics about our future releases, but we are excited to see so much passion surrounding our Dreamcast-era games."

Euro Gamer
If this is accurate, then I will definitely be buying. :D
Vyse Hazuky

Re: Shenmue 1, 2 HD to launch on PSN, XBLA - report

Post by Vyse Hazuky »

Holy shit, really? Has there been any more news on it?
Agent Of Fortune

Post by Agent Of Fortune »

Unfortunately, I don't think so. The Shenmue Facebook channel randomly posted this a few weeks ago, but as far as I know, it's still the same thing we heard about earlier this year.

It would be amazing if it came out, though.
Bysby2K10

Post by Bysby2K10 »

:shock: ... .. . wow , was randomly looking up Shenmue on google and saw :
A trusted source close to Atlus USA, today revealed to me that Shenmue HD Remaster will be released this year. Both games, Episodes 1 & 2, may be released together rather than separately. They are presumably being geared up for launch to precede Shenmue 3, which could possibly slip into 2018.

This will come as no surprise. Last year Sega hinted strongly that a Shenmue HD remaster was on the cards and then towards the end of last year, Sega registered the domain ShenmueHD.com. Furthermore, many have known of the existence of a Shenmue HD Remaster for some time. Way back in 2010, a Shenmue II remaster appeared on Microsoft’s Partnernet – the online ecosystem for  Xbox 360 dev kits.

So it was a always case of ‘when’ rather than ‘if’ a Shenmue HD Remaster would appear.

The appearance of an HD remaster will be vital for the success of the forthcoming Shenmue 3. While it raised a colossal amount of money via kickstarter through long-time series fans, the vast majority of gamers won’t know the events of the first two games.

Such a story rich experience would be impossible to appreciate without knowledge of the events so far – and so it’s an important step for the series to find a new, broader fanbase.

No further details have been revealed to us regarding the release. We were told it is ‘safe to assume a PC/Steam release’, there has been no indication that the Shenmue HD Remasters will appear on any other platform.

SHENMUE HD UPDATE! – 9/3/2017
Over the last few weeks I’ve had a huge amount of messages (thanks all!) regarding the Shenmue leak, so I thought I should clarify a few points in the body of this article rather than in the comments below. So many people have reported on this story it’s amazing how many have distorted some of the detail.

The only things I know for certain are;
1/ Shenmue HD  is complete. It’s basically done.
2/ Shenmue HD will be released this year.

The elements which I have not received 100% confirmation of.
1/ I don’t know specifics about publisher or platforms.
2/ PS4 wasn’t mentioned – but that’s not to say it won’t happen. (It will be of course) but I don’t KNOW this for a fact. (But of course it will be)
3/ Episode 1&2 together ‘may be’ released together.
4/ Shenmue 3 delay is pretty likely.

ILJG guesswork – because why not.
1/ Probably confirmed before E3 – because GET ON WITH IT ALREADY.
2/ Fuku-san Bikini DLC packs – every week from launch.
3/ Someone somewhere at Sega must see the wisdom of releasing Phantasy Star Online on Switch, right?
4/ Phantasy Star Online.
5/ Please GOD Phantasy Star Online.
seen at : http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/shenmue-hd ... ming-2017/

Sorry if it's been posted here already :argh:

^^ :argh: Gimp while isnt bad its kinda not near as good as Photoshop .tho being a freeware app it dose a good job ^^
*plays some overly dramatic music* :violin:
darkly

Post by darkly »

^Thanks for the update!! I would love to see it on Steam just so that I can secretly (or not so secretly) trick everyone I know into playing them. Because, you know, "buying stuff on steam is easy" :ninja:

Also, "Fuku-san Bikini DLC packs " :help: :P
Bysby2K10

Post by Bysby2K10 »

:help: :P ... Indeed ...

^^ :argh: Gimp while isnt bad its kinda not near as good as Photoshop .tho being a freeware app it dose a good job ^^
*plays some overly dramatic music* :violin:
Ryudo

Post by Ryudo »

Bysby2K10 wrote::help: :P ... Indeed ...
BYSBY! Holy shit! Glad to see you're still kicking!