The Walking Dead game

The wonderful world of video games awaits you. Console or PC. Old school or new school. Sony, Microsoft, or Nintendo. It doesn't matter. We don't discriminate.
darkly

The Walking Dead game

Post by darkly »

Wow this game really makes it difficult to do the right thing! Kind of like life at times, which is the point I suppose.

If you haven't heard about it it's a game based on the same comic that the tv series Walking Dead is based on. It centres around another group of survivors though. This is a five-part game and so far 2 of 5 episodes are out. Number three is due this week.
This game is not as bloody as you may think and it's more about making choices and deal with the consequences then killing a bunch of zombies (but have no fear, there is gonna be some killing). Read about it here: http://www.telltalegames.com/walkingdead/episodes/

It really makes you think, this game. I was so sure and decisive at first but then something would happen that makes me change my mind and wonder if I should do it differently. Things are not what they seem and neither are people. Who are you going to trust? Who'll have your back? Can you forgive and let go or will you get even?
First time around I just went with my gut but ended up having to make some choices I was starting to regret so I went for a second time and made other choices, I'm hoping I'm not gonna have to regret those in the next episode haha.

This game is tailored to your choices and what happens next depends on what you did earlier. Make sure you make the right choices or rather those that you can live with, payback is a bitch!
Fun game though, I love it! Can't wait to play the next episode.

Last edited by darkly on Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matt

Re: The Walking Dead game

Post by Matt »

Episode 3 is out on XBLA and PS3. Not yet available on steam :(

Was the same the last episode.

Still, at least there is a bit more consistency with release dates this time around.
darkly

Post by darkly »

Hopefully it'll be out on steam soon.
Spoiler: (Highlight to read)
Who did you side with the most? Kenny or Larry/Lilly?
Matt

Post by Matt »

Kenny up till the end of the last episode. I then tried to save Larry while he smashed his head in. Then I scolded him big time! And you? Who did you give the food too?
darkly

Post by darkly »

Major spoilers! Avert your eyes
First save I gave Kenny the food and didn't try to save Larry second save I gave Larry the food and then I tried to save Larry but that made Kenny pretty pissed even though I sided with him up to food so I'm thinking I'll do a rewind and feed Kenny and save Larry, although not sure if that's gonna change anything. I hated Larry the first time around, second time I felt sorry for him and Lilly but I don't want to be unfriendly with Kenny either. Episode 3 is suppose to have even tougher choices.
Last edited by darkly on Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matt

Post by Matt »

I couldnt stand Larry neither. But I couldnt agree to help finish him off. There was still a chance to revive him. He wasnt technically dead dead. I thought it was really mean what Kenny was doing :( I gave Larry, the kids and Lilly the food I believe.
I have replayed one section, where I decided to finish off one of the cannibals with a pitch fork. I never realised Clem would witness it :( And I dont want her seeing me in a bad light so I replayed it. Though I really wanted to kill em after what they were doing!
darkly

Post by darkly »

I gave food to the kids , Mark and Larry. Firts time I gave the food to Kenny instead because of what Larry did earlier and beacause I accidently missed my chance to stand by Kenny much more in the pharmacy and he was still giving me a hard time about it. I changed to Larry later because I thought I'd try be nice to the guy but I stuck with the kids and Mark. Mark was pretty nice and mentioned feeling weak so that's why I chose him. I helped Kenny in the meatlocker mostly because I thought I'd try to be tough and do what needs doing but it made me feel bad so I had to change that. To mean for me. Yeah I try to look good to Clem to :D I've spared lifes so she'll like me. She is just a kid after all, gotta take care of her. Who did you try to save at the first farm?
Matt

Post by Matt »

Hershels farm? In ep one? I saved Duck. Haver to look after the kids. Hershels son died. Also in the pharmacy store I saved Carley, Doug died. You?
Ep 3 should be out within the next 3 hours! :D A telltale employee just announced on their forums.
darkly

Post by darkly »

I helped Duck too the first time. Did a rewind to try and help Hershels son, didn't quite feel right to just leave him. If you haven't tried that I won't tell you what happened :P . I saved Carley too. Poor Doug, most people didn't save him. Did you loot the car in the end? I did but I was actually quite unsure about that one. I'm not convinced I'm not going to run into the owners later. What if I stole from kids and nice people or something..
Hehe, great! Going to get it now. I've really enjoyed discussing this game with you, Matt.
Matt

Post by Matt »

You too! Its such a good game, my game of the year so far.
I refused to loot the car, it didnt seem right to me, plus Clem didnt want too. Ive been playing Ep 3 for a little while and omg, Something just happened that made me have to turn it off before it saved. Second time ive had to do that now, I feel bad for doing it but needed to be done. Not sure how I can change it though.
darkly

Post by darkly »

Episode 3 is off to a tough start :help: Yeah this game is great! I can't wait to see how it'll end.
You can try rewind if you need to do something diferently. Wow man episode three so far is just omg! Something just happend that made me do a rewind, not sure if I can do anything to change it though..
Matt

Post by Matt »

I completed episode 3 just. Its def the most intense and emotional? Id say for sure. Where have you got to Darkly?
Thanks for the heads up re the rewind function. Id no idea about it! Id exit the game lol.
I generally like to keep to the decisions I make good or bad, unless I just find them to bad! haha
darkly

Post by darkly »

I started playing thinking I'd stand by my decisions but that didn't work for long :oops:
Everybody seems to be doing things I don't agree with, makes it hard to decide.
Oh yeah this epi is very intense and emotional. In fact I'm breaking for tonight to relax some and get it of my mind haha. I've found the train, just after "the incident" on the road with Carley and Lilly. I wonder if it could've been avoided, I made a tough choice there. An angry choice.
Matt

Post by Matt »

Ya I stopped for a bit too!
So Carley shot in the head for you too? I was gutted! we were getting on sooooo well earlier in the episode :(
darkly

Post by darkly »

Yes she was :( . Did you leave Lilly? I did, even though I felt sorry for her it didn't feel safe to let her stay.