How's the weather where you are?

An environment for anything from relaxed general discussion topics to intense debates. Just remember to show some respect and keep things on topic.
Agent Of Fortune

How's the weather where you are?

Post by Agent Of Fortune »

Pretty nice around here for a change. In Iowa we've had snow on the ground since early January, but it's going to be nice and toasty today, so it should all be melted by the end of the day. Just in time for the weekend! :rock:
Sterling
Administrator

Re: How's the weather where you are?

Post by Sterling »

It was starting to warm up but then took a sudden and dismaying (is that a word?) sharp turn to the freeeeeeezing.
What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons. You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one.
tao

Post by tao »

It's raaaaining.

I wonder when it'll rain donuts.
darkly

Post by darkly »

-11 C , sun shining, a perfect winters day. Quite large amounts of nice fluffy snow, sparkling white. Looks very inviting actually.
Brotherman

Post by Brotherman »

55 F, sunny.
Sterling
Administrator

Post by Sterling »

darkly wrote:-11 C , sun shining, a perfect winters day. Quite large amounts of nice fluffy snow, sparkling white. Looks very inviting actually.
It's awesome until it starts sorta melting and I go sliding everywhere while trying to walk!
What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons. You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one.
darkly

Post by darkly »

^^ yeah that part is less awesome. I tend to just not go out until it's over if possible, If that's not possible then just make sure you make a nice flight through the air and land with style should the ice surprise you with it's sneakyness.
You'll want to avoid landing on:
a. your ass
b. other sensible parts of your body such as nose

And yes the snow is quite busy doing the melting thing here right now. It's ..unpleasant.
Agent Of Fortune

Right now it's 41 degrees F here. wunderground.com tells me that's 5.5 degrees C for everyone else.
darkly

Post by darkly »

Nice and sunny - lovely spring is here! :D
Agent Of Fortune

Varying between 80 degrees F one day and below freezing and snowing the next. Just your typical Iowa spring experience. :-D
darkly

Post by darkly »

^^ Iowa sounds like a lovely place :D
The weather has been quite unpredictable here past couple of weeks. Quite warm one day -almost like summer and then quite cold. It's funny though you'll see people wearing warm jackets right beside people wearing summer clothes and everybody is looking confused.
I think this is how God entertains himself
Agent Of Fortune

That sounds about right for here as well. Today it's mid-40s (Fahrenheit) and rainy.
Sterling
Administrator

Post by Sterling »

Similar story here, Real hot at 6pm on the way to eat, blustery and freezing cold just two hours later...
tao

Post by tao »

Sunny and hot. It's too happy. :x
darkly

Post by darkly »

^^ yeah that sucks :D haha Can't have it too happy!

It's been raining all day and quite cold, only 9 degrees C, that would be 48 degrees F for Iowa people :D
I quite like it.