Gyakuten Saiban/Ace Attorney series

The wonderful world of video games awaits you. Console or PC. Old school or new school. Sony, Microsoft, or Nintendo. It doesn't matter. We don't discriminate.
Ryudo

Re: Gyakuten Saiban/Ace Attorney series

Post by Ryudo »

Ash

Post by Ash »

Anyone played Ace Attorney Investigations yet?
Yukupo
Administrator

Post by Yukupo »

Unfortunately not. One day I'll have money for it again!
Ash

Post by Ash »

The future of the series isn't too clear at the moment. Takumi has said that he wants to stop doing GS, saying that the series ended at Apollo Justice for him, (which is generally believed means that Takumi is just tired of making the series, or was discouraged by the fan reaction) and continue with Ghost Trick, but due to the fan's demands for GS5, Takumi won't rule out making GS5.

Eshiro, does seem quite keen to continue the Investigations spin-off at least, and also offered to help with GS5, but he's apparently currently very busy with other projects.

It's very unlikely that there will be any more games until the DS3D is out.
Ryudo

Post by Ryudo »

Personally would not bother me if another game was never made.
For an obscure title that started out being discontinued in the US just a couple months after release on the DS then re-released due to fan outcry and had the run it did. I'm pretty satisfied now. However would like to see more games in that genre from capcom.
Ash

Post by Ash »

....Ace Attorney Investigations 2 has been announced.

http://www.nintendoeverything.com/49719/
Ash

Post by Ash »

Trailer has just been released. The trailer does show a character from the main series returning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiXsoMSfHs8

Information revealed so far:

The first case is supposed to be like a final case.
This game is supposed to have a greater focus on Edgeworth, and his conflicted emotions.
A chess system has been introduced. It apparently works in a similar way to the Magatama.
Yukupo
Administrator

Post by Yukupo »

Finally got Ace Attorney Investigations. Hopefully I'll get to play it soon.
Ash

Post by Ash »

Did you ever play through Ace Attorney Investigations, Yukio?

Gyakuten Kenji 2 came out in Japan a couple of days ago, but there's no news on a release outside of Japan as of yet.
Sterling
Administrator

Post by Sterling »

I'm in the process of playing through it. Overview of the first two cases available on the front page! :? :mrgreen:
What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons. You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one.
Ash

Post by Ash »

I haven't been to the main site for ages. :oops: Very well written recaps. :D

A little trivia, after reading the case three overview - the character designer for Lang (Iwamoto) wanted to Lang to be bare-chested, reasoning that Lang had an interest in Astronomy. There was a dispute over it which ended when Iwamoto agreed to give Lang a shirt, on condition that he be allowed to give Lang the cross-shaped sunglasses.
Agent Of Fortune

Post by Agent Of Fortune »

I've never played any of these games before, but I had a dream last night that I started up a game. I need to make it a reality! Can't really do much searches on them at the moment, since I'm at work. Are the games only on the DS, or are they on any other systems? My DS was stolen when my house was broken into last year. :-(
Yukupo
Administrator

Post by Yukupo »

Ash wrote:Did you ever play through Ace Attorney Investigations, Yukio?

Gyakuten Kenji 2 came out in Japan a couple of days ago, but there's no news on a release outside of Japan as of yet.
I'm on case number 5. School started up again so my progress was slowed. But it's good times!
Ash

Post by Ash »

Reading the Overviews, I'm almost relieved that someone else isn't overly enamoured with the "Grand Revival" track. Most people seem to rave about it.

Still no news on an Western release for Investigations 2, although Capcom are asking people to tell them why it should have a Western release, which suggests that Capcom are definitely considering an International release, but at the same time, Apollo Justice and Investigations 1 were confirmed for a Western release before they were even released in Japan.

Despite Gyakuten Kenji 2 coming top of the charts in the first week of release with 132,266 copies sold, that's still less than Kenji 1 sold in it's first week. In the second week, Kenji 2 has sold 30,910 copies. I imagine these sales certainly aren't helping Capcom to decide what should be done with the franchise.
Agent Of Fortune wrote:I've never played any of these games before, but I had a dream last night that I started up a game. I need to make it a reality! Can't really do much searches on them at the moment, since I'm at work. Are the games only on the DS, or are they on any other systems? My DS was stolen when my house was broken into last year. :-(
The first three games can be bought on WiiWare. The first game also came out on the iPhone, I believe.
Yukupo wrote:I'm on case number 5. School started up again so my progress was slowed. But it's good times!

I'd really be interested in your thoughts on the game once you're done, if you wouldn't mind posting them?
Ash

Post by Ash »

Gyakuten Saiban 5 was announced at the series 10th anniversary party. Nothing is known about it so far. They've released the logo, but for the first time, it doesn't have the logo of the main character on it. This has caused another spark of Phoenix vs. Apollo.

There are still talks about ways that Investigations 2 could be released over here.

Also there's going to be a film based on the first game although the plot has been changed a little.