Shenmue Dojo Dead or Under Construction?

An environment for anything from relaxed general discussion topics to intense debates. Just remember to show some respect and keep things on topic.
Peter

Re: Shenmue Dojo Dead or Under Construction?

Post by Peter »

Jeff....... haahaahaahaha. Good times
Riku

Post by Riku »

Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Signed. :P

But if Whiteshadow is still there I want a public apology for his Kim Jong Ill style rule.

Banned for life from Shenmue Dojo for being too awesome for the server to handle
Ryudo

Post by Ryudo »

Jeff wS has been MIA for years.

It's a new owner none of the staff (except me) that you dealt with is even around. Just go sign up!
:thumbsup:
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

I'll post when my account is unbanned. I like spending free time talking about various subjects so I will enjoy the higher traffic.

Banned for life from Shenmue Dojo for being too awesome for the server to handle
Bambi

Post by Bambi »

Many of those I've met and remembered at SD are people who grew into adults at the same time as I. The shared experiences of that era are impossible to quantify for those who were not involved. They will never truly understand the relationships, friendships, and loyalties which were forged in the first few years of this community's existence.
- Juan
tao

Post by tao »

Jesus I haven't gone on SD in so long the last few pages of this topics brought back so many flashbacks

Maybe I should check it out again :theyreontome:
Peter

Post by Peter »

evlbaMbee wrote:
Many of those I've met and remembered at SD are people who grew into adults at the same time as I. The shared experiences of that era are impossible to quantify for those who were not involved. They will never truly understand the relationships, friendships, and loyalties which were forged in the first few years of this community's existence.
- Juan

Definately feeling what Juan is talking about. But time continues forward and so does the Dojo. Nothing will ever replicate the first 5 years of the community..... its an itchy topic of discussion because you have to stay positive to move with the times, but on the other hand you cherish the memories you have of what will always seem like "better times" within the community. Its great to have seen so many old faces with Yama overhauling the Dojo fansite, but already the majority have once again disappeared into reality.
This just contributes to how much i see Shenmue as just more than a game. Its responsible for the creation of these "relationships, friendships and loyalties" that Juan talks about just as much as its responsible for their hiatus. Its truely amazing when you think about it, the mass effect a future Shenmue title would have, not just on the gaming world, but also on the community that once followed it with great numbers, that have been lost in the shadows of time. :(
Ryudo

Post by Ryudo »

Back in those days,Juan didn't like me,I thought Yukio was female and Me and Sonikku were gay lovers on MSN darkly was a sock thief ..so much more I could name.
Good times.
:D
Peter

Post by Peter »

Yunny, Japanfan, Iwao.........

There are so many lost in the sands of time
Yukupo
Administrator

Post by Yukupo »

I've seen Iwao as recently as a couple months ago. He popped into irc a few times.
Vyse Hazuky

Post by Vyse Hazuky »

I think it's funny that despite my super reputation right now, I used to be a major spammer back then, but no one remembers...
Crimson Ryan

Post by Crimson Ryan »

General error alert.. :eatpopcorn:
Rt Hon. beedle MP wrote:err nerr, ah am lahk frum yurksheh and ah dos not wan' al these steryawtahps. t'videor bi quarght offensive. bloodeh suthernas, etc.
Ryudo

Post by Ryudo »

Even the NEW dojo we get all these breakdowns and on a different server and host. :roll:
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

LOL! Isn't there any redundancy to the server provider? At my company the server is based in Fort Worth, TX and if that goes down it goes to a backup server in Seattle, WA.