Just got my third dreamcast

The wonderful world of video games awaits you. Console or PC. Old school or new school. Sony, Microsoft, or Nintendo. It doesn't matter. We don't discriminate.
Agent Of Fortune

Just got my third dreamcast

Post by Agent Of Fortune »

I'd had my first dreamcast since it first came out on 9/9/99, when I pre-ordered it from KB Toys and got a dreamcast t-shirt. (It seems so crazy to even mention KB Toys anymore :-o) It finally crapped out last year when I was playing Grandia II again, so I got another one, which got stolen about a month later when my house was robbed. :roll: Finally managed to get a replacement, and have started playing SHenmue I again. All is right with the world.

Anybody else on their second/third/x dreamcast?
Jeff

Re: Just got my third dreamcast

Post by Jeff »

I'm on my second Dremcast because during the summer of 2001 it got struck by lightning. Luckily insurance paid for a new one as well as the majority of the electronics in my home at the time. Got a new one before they stopped sellign them. The one I originally got to replace it kept freezing when I started to play it so I got it exchanged for another. I've been with that one ever since, still running strong. But that Dreamcast that got struck by lightning took the bolt straight on. Maybe God is a Sony fan, I don't know. I'm just glad I wasn't in the house or who knows what could have happened.

Banned for life from Shenmue Dojo for being too awesome for the server to handle
Agent Of Fortune

Post by Agent Of Fortune »

Yeah, my parents' house got struck by lightning once, frying a lot of our electronics as well. My dad was in the kitchen near the sink when it was struck by lightning, and he said that sparks came out of the faucet. Who knows what would have happened if he had the water running at the time.

I just remember I was watching TV in my room when the house was struck, and the tv sparked and popped, and then turned off. When I went to turn it back on later, it still worked, but the colors were all messed up. Since then I've been more careful about not using electronics during really bad thunderstorms.
Bambi

Post by Bambi »

3rd and a bit, I rebuilt one of them using 2 broken ones and a neon pink shell, hah. Dreamcast may be my favourite console but they wear out fast, especially the lasers for some reason.
darkly

Post by darkly »

I still have my first dreamcast and it still works :D
Sometimes I wonder if it will ever break, maybe it's because I talk nice to it? I give it treats and take it out for walks.. ah me and my dreamcast have lots of fun!