IRC Channel - LETS DO THIS

An environment for anything from relaxed general discussion topics to intense debates. Just remember to show some respect and keep things on topic.
Chaos

IRC Channel - LETS DO THIS

Post by Chaos »

So, I know this forum is dead as hell these days (I know I'm not helping by never posting but hey), but I wanna see if I can get some people into IRC again like the old days. (God, was it really so long ago?) I just started up a new channel and I'm gonna be in it pretty much 24 hours a day thanks to my Droid / no life.

So. Info.

Server: irc.dynastynet.net
Channel: #hazukidojo

Small tutorial for those who don't know about IRC.

1) Download an IRC client. I recommend mIRC. http://www.mirc.com/get.html
2) Install said IRC client
3) Open mIRC and click File > Select Server
4) Click the "Add" button
5) Under Description, put anything you want. I recommend hazukidojo or dynastynet or something.
6) Under IRC Server, put irc.dynastynet.net
7) Leave everything else default and click Add
8) Click File > Connect
9) Type /nick nickname (replace nickname with whatever nick you wanna use
10) Type /join #hazukidojo
11) Talk to ME

I recommend registering your nickname with the server so nobody else can use it. To do this all you have to do is type /ns register password email@email.com
(obviously replacing password and email@email.com with the password you want and email you want registered with it. You don't really have to give them an email address, but it requires you enter something. Enter adsjkglasdj@adsf.com if you wish.) Then every time you login, you just have to identify yourself by typing /ns identify password

That's it. You're ready to idle with me now! I'ma get Yukio in here for sure, so that's at least 2 people who will be using this channel. If you have any problems getting into the channel or server, lemme know. Even message me on msn or aim if you need help.

Oh man, I can't wait for all 3 or 4 active users of this forum to read this topic and ignore it.
Last edited by Chaos on Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jeff

Re: IRC Channel - LETS DO THIS

Post by Jeff »

IRC? That's so retro! There was barely enough traffic to hold a conversation when Shenmue Dojo did this. Not sure if this is worth it, though I applaud any effort to make this place better and to expand its reach.

Banned for life from Shenmue Dojo for being too awesome for the server to handle
Yukupo
Administrator

Post by Yukupo »

I'm already there. 8-)
Chaos

Post by Chaos »

Jeff wrote:IRC? That's so retro! There was barely enough traffic to hold a conversation when Shenmue Dojo did this. Not sure if this is worth it, though I applaud any effort to make this place better and to expand its reach.
We had enough people back in the shenmue dojo days. (For a while anyways. I don't remember why people stopped going. I think we all just started talking to each other individually on msn :()

Just join damn you!
Ryudo

Post by Ryudo »

Now I know why I quit.
No one really joins and when they do,never say a damn thing so once again,fuck it.
Chaos

Post by Chaos »

Let's see

I started it last night, so almost noone has seen this topic yet, and when you joined all you did was mumble random horseshit and quit without even saying hi.

Good talking to ya
Chaos

Post by Chaos »

Join now and you too can be a part of this
Ryudo

Post by Ryudo »

I could not see the replies jerkface! My colours were messed up. :(
Chaos

Post by Chaos »

Don't mind my angry posts. I was still at work and people were pissing me off really badly, and you not replying annoyed me even more haha. :wha: