The Jeff Show: Jeff Gets Angry at the Newspaper

An environment for anything from relaxed general discussion topics to intense debates. Just remember to show some respect and keep things on topic.
Jeff

The Jeff Show: Jeff Gets Angry at the Newspaper

Post by Jeff »

After a long hiatus I had to share my thoughts and grievances on video regarding news headlines and where my state and country are headed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE2HHF6UO7E

Please subscribe to my Youtube channel if you already haven't. Thanks.

Banned for life from Shenmue Dojo for being too awesome for the server to handle
Sterling
Administrator

Re: The Jeff Show: Jeff Gets Angry at the Newspaper

Post by Sterling »

Here's something else to get angry about:

That's the side of a public bus and that is a paid commercial by the Freedom From Religion Foundation which will be running through the holiday season.

One of the big problems that atheists seem to have with religious types, okay, mainly Christian denominations since they're too scared to talk about any other faiths, is the way religious beliefs are supposedly stuffed down their throat or whatever. So it's nice to see they've taken the high road in the lead up to Christmas.

Personally, I just don't get how this is legal, or at least allowed by a public service like Metro Transit. You wouldn't see a similar ad targeting blacks, hispanics, asians, gays, muslims, jews or even illegal immigrants.
What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons. You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one.
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

I seen that before last year, great for the kids to see.

But I spoke about the economic problems of Vermont. Bill O'Reilly went after Vermont over the lack of punishment of child molesters. Plus you will see the editor of the Rutland Herald, the paper I read to you in my video. The Bennington Banner is also run by assholes, I lived in that town during college. You have to see this...

http://www.foxnews.com/video2/video08.h ... 85,00.html

Banned for life from Shenmue Dojo for being too awesome for the server to handle
Ryudo

Post by Ryudo »

Newspapers are dying anyway.
Print media is about extinct.
Again I say Old media is dying and real journalism has been dead for ages...well pretty much since the 80's,it's not my ramblings it's just a fact.
Let old media die and bring in the new.
Still mostly us tech geeks using new media last few years but like everything we use first eventually goes mainstream.

Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Ryudo, I should mention my family has been getting that paper for free for 2 weeks in a dire attempt to attract readers.

I work in the print media industry and they pedal liberal bullshit all of the time. You should have seen the Obamamania, it's like group think.

I also will mention that I have been trying to get a new job in NYC with decent pay and lifestyle. I applied to over 100 organizations with great credentials. Didn't hear back from any. Statistically now you have a better chance of being accepted to Penn State than finding full time work which is sad. My ditzy cousin applies to work for Universal Studio's in the digital media department and out of 350 applicants, somehow she gets hired with practically no experience. She was a waitress.... I go over to their house last weekend for my grandpa's birthday and she says right next to me 'magazines and CD's are dying so those people in companies like that will lose their jobs but I'll be safe'. I said, 'oh yea, like my job, right?' The guy that has nearly 3 years of executive experience and tons of sales and handle clients like Time Warner and work with people you see interviewed on the news, and she hasn't made a single sale, well other than a few pasta dishes. Probably got the job for her looks. All I do now is pray to God and Jesus. I find myself reading the Bible alot these days. I have nowhere else to turn.

Ryudo

Post by Ryudo »

Mom worked for the Deseret news (state Utah newspaper) for 10 years.
Many people are going to J school and getting surprised when they graduate there is no jobs for them.
New media involves everyday people threw technology in our everyday devices,mostly mobile and the web and apps and many other things we use today.
Turning to Newspapers and TV sets for news is on the way out..hell even the newspaper websites.

It's not just old media dying but an entire generation of things in the world are in a major transition.
Transitions are never easy esp for those clinging to old ways and unaware.

I won't put a label on it but in the past we have had ages with some name in front "Ice" "Bronze" "Industrial" but we are in the middle of another.

But yeah also on top of the transition we have this whole damn world recession just making this harder.
It's been killing me also as it has made it damn near impossible for me to get out of my what was supposed to be just a few month job to get back into school to now a full year into it.
So I have outsourced to people I thought I never would have ever thought in a million years to get help from and they have been great.
Things are still a bitch though.

Sterling
Administrator

Post by Sterling »

You talk often about this 'new media' but I'm still in the dark, I wish you would elaborate. I must be in the Stone Age because when I really want to know about a story as many well researched pieces as I can rather than one-liners from twatter or whatever.
What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons. You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one.
Ryudo

Post by Ryudo »

Not tried twatter but I hear Fartbook is a bad clone of it.
Sterling
Administrator

Post by Sterling »

As far as I understand, Fartbook not only preceded Twatter but doesn't have a character limit, is easier to find and organise friends on, can have threads of discussion with context, and is not something that I use much or would use for detailed news information anyway. But that's neither here nor there.
Hei Long

Post by Hei Long »

Sterling wrote:Here's something else to get angry about:

That's the side of a public bus and that is a paid commercial by the Freedom From Religion Foundation which will be running through the holiday season.

One of the big problems that atheists seem to have with religious types, okay, mainly Christian denominations since they're too scared to talk about any other faiths, is the way religious beliefs are supposedly stuffed down their throat or whatever. So it's nice to see they've taken the high road in the lead up to Christmas.

Personally, I just don't get how this is legal, or at least allowed by a public service like Metro Transit. You wouldn't see a similar ad targeting blacks, hispanics, asians, gays, muslims, jews or even illegal immigrants.
As an atheist I find what you said to be ridiculous and actually offensive that you equate saying "you know, there isn't a God" to racism. It is legal because similar to religious institutions (that for some godawful reason have access to taxpayers money) atheists have a right to put forward their view in a civil society, it is legal because we live in pluralistic civilised democracies.

I think if you actually spoke to some atheists you will find that most of us are perfectly okay with people's religious alliances as long as they don't tread upon basic human values. As long as you keep children OUT of it until they are old enough to decide for themselves. This isn't even atheism, it is secularism and I'm not even sure it is secularism because for me it is common sense. My Grandfather was an evangical Christian and still came to the same conclusion. You might get less recruits whilst people are old enough to make their own decisions, but on the plus side, you know, you could sleep at night.

And myself, alongside MANY atheists will speak out about any injustices regardless of the religions that are used to excuse these injustices. Whether it is Muslims hacking an eight year olds genitals with a knife in the name of "circumsision", Christians picketing a dead soldiers funeral with "God hates fags" billboards or Tibetan buddhists sexually abusing their students.
Jeff wrote:I seen that before last year, great for the kids to see.

Because indoctrinating children that they will burn in hell if they don't follow a certain set of rules is a fantastic alternative?
Sterling
Administrator

Post by Sterling »

Hei Long wrote:yada yada yada
I'm not advocating putting signs of the side of the bus saying "God exists! Glory Be!". Neither am I a religious guy. I'm simply taking a stance against what is obviously hate speech. You can dress it up any way you like, with technicalities and whatnot, I know when I am being talked down to by these types of organisations. Furthermore, you mention not targeting children. Exactly who do you think the FFRF are going after with their Santa Claus imagery?

When I talk about atheists understand I'm referring to a select group who form groups like that and make it their life's mission to accuse everyone of being backward pagans who believe in fairy tales and tear down nativity scenes from the local mall, and force people to call Christmas "the Winter Festival". Just as I'm sure you understand the extremist factions of religion you are talking about are the minority.

You want to see something that's genuinely ridiculous and offensive? This is the new religion, I'm serious. Perhaps even a cult.
Ryudo

Post by Ryudo »

Athiest,Thiest,Agnostic or just don't give a poo.

Just live and let live k.
:thumbsup:
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Atheists are as stubborn and dogmatic as a Bible-thumping christian. Please see this video regarding that proves this to be true because they are claiming to know something they both don't fully know. The later half gets into it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/SetYouFreee ... xrqnGw0EFM

Riku

Post by Riku »

Jeff wrote:Atheists are as stubborn and dogmatic
That's just stupid. You can't explain a whole group just because of something like that. I'd say you ain't stubborn but a idiot.
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Riku wrote:
Jeff wrote:Atheists are as stubborn and dogmatic
That's just stupid. You can't explain a whole group just because of something like that. I'd say you ain't stubborn but a idiot.
If you listened to the video done by a researcher who wrote a book on the subject you would understand what I was saying you nimwit. Evidently you are an Atheist judging by your defensive attitude toward the subject and may explain why you're so negative and miserable all the time here as well as Shenmue Dojo. And if you listened to the whole discussion in that video compilation you would see that science is finding out in recent years that intelligent forces is very probable which what created the universe and science is no longer proving that religion is wrong but that there is something to it. Steven Hawking's quote in the video compilation provides nearly a seal-proof explanation of this being the case.