Sand animation

An environment for anything from relaxed general discussion topics to intense debates. Just remember to show some respect and keep things on topic.
tao

Sand animation

Post by tao »

You'd think those reality/talent shows air nothing but crap pop singers. But once in a while somebody truly amazing shows up-- in this case Kseniya Simonova on Ukraine's Got Talent who creates a montage of images drawn with sand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=518XP8prwZo

I suppose the anti-war messages resound much stronger for Ukrainians than Americans who haven't experienced turmoil and war in their own backyard since the 19th century. Just by watching the response of the audience, you can tell she really struck a chord.
Ryudo

Re: Sand animation

Post by Ryudo »

I remember this.
Truly amazing,I love it when people bring truly new ways of art,not throwing buckets of paint at a canvas or sticking a 1000 holes in a plastic bottle bullshit.
Sterling
Administrator

Re: Sand animation

Post by Sterling »

Ryudo wrote:I remember this.
Truly amazing,I love it when people bring truly new ways of art,not throwing buckets of paint at a canvas or sticking a 1000 holes in a plastic bottle bullshit.
Or Emin's infamous Unmade Bed

What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons. You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one.