Last game you bought

The wonderful world of video games awaits you. Console or PC. Old school or new school. Sony, Microsoft, or Nintendo. It doesn't matter. We don't discriminate.
Riku

Re: Last game you bought

Post by Riku »

Final Fantasy X-2
Vyse Hazuky

Post by Vyse Hazuky »

Still waiting for Raw Danger and Chibi Robo sometime this week.

Ryudo

Post by Ryudo »

^ if you like Everblue series you should try Endless Ocean/Forever Blue.
Vyse Hazuky

Post by Vyse Hazuky »

Well, I always thought it'd be great, I haven't tried it yet tho.

And yeah, Endless Ocean would be one of the games that I'd buy if I had a Wii.. but I don't so.. :/

I heard they're making a new one? Seems a bit unnecessary but I guess that's ok.

I always thought it so strange to think that the man who makes them was part of the duo that made Street Fighter hehe
Ryudo

Post by Ryudo »

Everblue didn't need a sequel but there ya go.
EO is developed by the same people who did the Everblue games(all they make is scuba diving games) and EO2 looks to actually improve on the first in every way instead of just more of the same which is good.
If it was simply more of the same I would not be interested but since they are adding so much and fixing the complaints with the first game I will def buy it.
Vyse Hazuky

Post by Vyse Hazuky »

Well, they used to make the SF Ex series...

It's a good thing that it's upgraded.. Sequels on Nintendo consoles over the last years have been, mostly, rehashes of previous games with little innovation (Animal Crossing, etc).

I haven't been following EO2 much, but since it's an improvement I'll look more into it, thanks.

In the meantime:

ImageImage
Ryudo

Post by Ryudo »

:P The entire industry last few years has been rehashed sequels.
And let me know how Chibi Robo is,been meaning to try it just never got to it.
Vyse Hazuky

Post by Vyse Hazuky »

Ryudo wrote: :P The entire industry last few years has been rehashed sequels.
My god, truer words were never spoken. I've even been thinking of selling my 360, the fact is, it's not even plugged in right now. Maybe it's the lack of good games so far this year, but I am truly hating this generation, apart from very little exceptions.

As for Chibi Robo, as a fan of skip, but mainly due to their initial bitGeneration games I've always wanted to try it, especially due to their track record back when they were Love-de-lic games (an excellent article can be found here: http://hg101.classicgaming.gamespy.com/ ... edelic.htm Lack Of Love is on the top of my to get list, since despite being only released in japanese is not text heavy since it focus mostly on non-verbal communication; plus, it's another DC gem). Since Chibi-robo was one of the few of this family of gamemakers to be published outside of japan, I was also meaning to get it for a long time.

I might not play it so soon, since I'm also very curious about Raw Danger, and still have others in queue, but I'll post around about it, if possible. But all signs point to a lovely game :D
Ryudo

Post by Ryudo »

Raw Danger is another I would like to try and really wish NA would bring Disaster Day of crisis over,Chibi is one I do want and still want Giftpia..oh well.

Also,Yes even though I like the Wii for the games I buy for it but it seems most games on all the platforms overall just don't live up to last gen.
There was much more Variety and also more hidden gems. This gen seems to be hyped flavour of the month and nothing else matters so no one covers the smaller % market games so most don't even know they exist.
Another reason I miss mags like the older EGM and game review shows like Extended Play.
They checked out obscure stuff hyped stuff and pieces about the industry..even REAL interviews,not just with some corp douche progammed what to say but real in depth stuff.I esp liked when they interviewed Yu on Shenmue and it was about the game.

Damn now I sound old and bitter,maybe i am because I am doing the "back in my day" rants more often about the older days of gaming.
Chaos

Post by Chaos »

Damn, seems it's been a while since I posted here. :O

well. I've bought a few games lately. I think I might of listed a couple of these already, but I don't feel like checking, so deal with it!
Myst (iPhone)
Let's Golf! (iPhone)
wolf3d (iPhone)
Labyrinth (iPhone)
Adrenaline Pool 2 (iPhone)
Zenonia (iPhone) - Awesome game in the style of zelda and diablo 2. Sounds weird, but if you have an iPhone, definitely pick it up.
Rolando (iPhone) - Haven't gotten too far in this, but so far it plays a lot like locoroco for psp, except you play by actually tilting the iPhone.
Columns (iPhone) - Was actually free because sega gave it away over the fourth of july weekend.
Tap Tap Revenge 2 (iPhone) - I never play this, but it was free so whatever.
Worms 2: Armageddon (xbla)
Sonic 3 (xbla) (I know... I know... I can't help it.)

Christ. I've turned into an iphonefag haven't I. :( I still refuse to buy a mac so don't hate me too much.
All about the casual games lately for some reason. I haven't played WoW in a couple months. (Well, I started playing a little but got bored after 2 or 3 days. I think I'm actually finally done with that game. Now to wait for the next great MMO to steal my life. :P I know, I've said this before, but I think it might be true this time. Maybe. I seriously wanna wait for The Old Republic to come out. Looks like it could either suck ass or be amazing.)
Riku

Post by Riku »

Final Fantasy XII
Vyse Hazuky

Post by Vyse Hazuky »

Ryudo wrote: Raw Danger is another I would like to try and really wish NA would bring Disaster Day of crisis over,Chibi is one I do want and still want Giftpia..oh well.

Also,Yes even though I like the Wii for the games I buy for it but it seems most games on all the platforms overall just don't live up to last gen.
There was much more Variety and also more hidden gems. This gen seems to be hyped flavour of the month and nothing else matters so no one covers the smaller % market games so most don't even know they exist.
Another reason I miss mags like the older EGM and game review shows like Extended Play.
They checked out obscure stuff hyped stuff and pieces about the industry..even REAL interviews,not just with some corp douche progammed what to say but real in depth stuff.I esp liked when they interviewed Yu on Shenmue and it was about the game.

Damn now I sound old and bitter,maybe i am because I am doing the "back in my day" rants more often about the older days of gaming.
I wouldn't bother about Disaster Day of Crisis. At least don't speak about it relating it to Disaster Report or Raw Danger, they might all be about natural disasters but they are NOTHING alike. I mean... maybe it's not a bad game, probably quite wacky in the vein of something like... God Hand or a Suda game, but definitely not what DR and RW accomplish (I think of them more like... Ico-clones, with a lot of heart).
As for Giftpia might as well forget about it. Not only would it be impossible to understand without knowing japanese, the prices it's attracting are far from inviting!

Yes, the "mainstream" games have appaling quality and gems are there, but really few on all 3. I think the only thing I like about this generation is the advent of many indie companies that have efficiently found a place to explore their ideas. Sony's studios in particular have been shining beacons with the likes of Pixel Junk, flOw and flOwer, LocoRoco or EchoChrome, even though as a collector I hate digital downloading, just doesn't feel right.

@ Chaos: Do you have any of the Newtonica games? If not, I recommend them ;)
Chaos

Post by Chaos »

Vyse Hazuky wrote:
Ryudo wrote: Raw Danger is another I would like to try and really wish NA would bring Disaster Day of crisis over,Chibi is one I do want and still want Giftpia..oh well.

@ Chaos: Do you have any of the Newtonica games? If not, I recommend them ;)
Nope. Never even heard of em. I'll check it out.
Ryudo

Post by Ryudo »

Vyse Hazuky wrote:

I wouldn't bother about Disaster Day of Crisis. At least don't speak about it relating it to Disaster Report or Raw Danger, they might all be about natural disasters but they are NOTHING alike. I mean... maybe it's not a bad game, probably quite wacky in the vein of something like... God Hand or a Suda game, but definitely not what DR and RW accomplish (I think of them more like... Ico-clones, with a lot of heart).
As for Giftpia might as well forget about it. Not only would it be impossible to understand without knowing japanese, the prices it's attracting are far from inviting!

even though as a collector I hate digital downloading, just doesn't feel right.
Yeah I gave up on Giftpia when it was cancled for a US release but I had it on my #1 most wanted list long ago.
Now I just put it with another game I still want but will never get (esp since it was canned) was Giest Force for Dreamcast,
But Yes indie developers I do like to see so we been getting Lost Winds,World of Goo,Icarian Kindred Spirits,Night Game but yeah I want a physical copy so i know I have it forever.
Another thing I also like is seeing old 3rd parties that don't offer much anymore but one or two IP's that has been rehashed to death go to the way side and see old faces but new companies (PG) or old faces who used to be in the dark finally getting recognition(Suda).
Vyse Hazuky

Post by Vyse Hazuky »

Ryudo wrote:Another thing I also like is seeing old 3rd parties that don't offer much anymore but one or two IP's that has been rehashed to death go to the way side and see old faces but new companies (PG) or old faces who used to be in the dark finally getting recognition(Suda).
I really hope PG can withstand the pressure and become the best thing around. They're a superteam, possibly as apt to the gaming scene as Treasure when they moved out of Konami (instead of Capcom with PG). I hope their new projects continue to challenge, as I think that ... although Bayonetta will be a cracking game, it still feels a bit like vendetta from Kamiya from being pulled apart from his DMC creation.
I am definitely looking forward to both of Mikami's projects, the one with PG and the one with Suda. I doubt we'll see Dead Phoenix or something, hehe, but if it's something original like Killer7 and fun like God Hand was last generation, we're in for a treat.
And of course the sole fact that they're giving a lot more room for ex-sideboard directors at Capcom to make their own projects is all but agreeable.

As for the old faces, Érich Chàhi (Another World) and Kenji Eno (D) are both admittedly working on new games so I'm also very much looking forward to that, especially if they get a little more recognition.

Hehe, this is getting way offtopic haha