computer mishaps

Discuss the latest in computers and technology. Seriously, there's like a new cool gadget every week.
silent killer

computer mishaps

Post by silent killer »

Awhile ago I had someone bring me a computer that wouldn't turn on. It had a roach infestation, and one roach happened to find solder tasty and tried eating it off the PSU; the best I can surmise atleast. That was a disgusting mess.

So anybody experienced some problems with your computer or a friends computer. Things getting spilled, catching fire, etc.
Yukupo
Administrator

Re: computer mishaps

Post by Yukupo »

Wow.. I've never seen anything that bad. The worst is usually just the entire inside caked with ciggerette smoke/dust and cat fur. But man, roaches? I had a computer power supply begin to smoke when I turned it on before too. And I guess there's always the laptop that got something spilled on it.

But aside from hardware, I always wonder how people get such bad virus infections in their computers...
Ryudo

Post by Ryudo »

I have only seen pics online of stuff like that and read many help topics.
I just don't get it. To me owning a computer is like owning a car. It's a high maintence machine.
People seem to think it's a normal appliance like a TV where you just turn it on use it for a bit turn it off.

No these things are a real investment.
I am always cleaning mine and proper maintence.
Oh and I never get viruses or any junk,sure I have some decent anti virus and spyeware but it's mainly my surfing habits.
My data is always backed up.

Besides computers it's seems most people just treat their games and CD's DVDs or any electronic stuff like crap and it bugs me.
Ryo Hazuki ™

Post by Ryo Hazuki ™ »

I have had problems but not with actual hardware, just my computer being ruined by the Blue Screen of Death and that, I fixed it though, then broke it again. In the end, I got a new computer though. :P
Ryo Hazuki

" They killed my father, right in front of me. I will have my revenge "

Flash Shemue III?