Last thing you bought topic

An environment for anything from relaxed general discussion topics to intense debates. Just remember to show some respect and keep things on topic.
Ryudo

Re: Last thing you bought topic

Post by Ryudo »

Hope you didn't pay more than 10$ for the cable since cheap ones work just as well and the scam has been revealed about gold tipped cables are a crock for a while now.
Vyse Hazuky

Post by Vyse Hazuky »

Well, I didn't buy it for the gold tips. It's more for.. brand loyalty. I already had one of these and it's certainly the best cable I ever had. I've had it for I guess about 3 years (none of the cheap cables I have had ever lasted as long) with no problems and it has other features I like like an elastic and a kill switch.
I have to use to cable because I use an overdrive booster and since the other cable was making a lot of noise I decided to get another one of these. It was more than 10$ but at least I don't have to spend 10$ every year or every 6 months sometimes like it sometimes seemed to happen. Or I just struck lucky with that other one. We'll see.
Ryudo

Post by Ryudo »

Just was giving ya an FYI,most the time Cheaper cables work just as well and last just fine.

Some people fall for the gold tip con when they don't realize the gold tip in order to work has to use higher karat and these cable usually just use a low Karot gold tinted tip and still does not consider the wiring and the connectors on both ends and such needs to be gold in order to work really.

So they charge for brand name but that is it,I know in the US the biggest brand to use this con is called Monster cable.
Vyse Hazuky

Post by Vyse Hazuky »

Yeah, that makes sense.. A solid gold cable would be a fun thing to have though hehe

Thanks
Vyse Hazuky

Post by Vyse Hazuky »

Mitsubishi Uni Lakubo ballpoint pen. My favourite disposable pen. Made in Japan, oh yeah.
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Look a bit familiar.....

Apparently the model is the Timex I-Control Expedition. They no longer make this model because they now affiliate I-Control with a watch that changes the songs on an Ipod. I looked really hard for the black face one which from all of my searching hasn't been sold anywhere since 2006. Pretty cool though, It is being shipped to me currently, expect it next week. Gave into the white face watch because they are hard to find as well and from what I could see it was my last shot. Plus don't feel at all bad buying Timex watches since it is a New England company in a town I would stop by when I went back and forth from VT to Long Island. Keepin' them jobs.

Banned for life from Shenmue Dojo for being too awesome for the server to handle
Ryudo

Post by Ryudo »

Cool Jeff.

yeah Axm keeps trying but all he can ever find is the whiteface though when the black one does show up it's pricey.
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

The guy is selling them again. You can have one for less than $30.00. I already asked him if he had a black face one so don't even bother asking.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Timex-Expedition-I- ... 1|294%3A50

Banned for life from Shenmue Dojo for being too awesome for the server to handle
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Got the watch. Sorry for the poor image quality (cell phone camera).

Vyse Hazuky

Post by Vyse Hazuky »

Looks like it's time for you to get some rest at the Come Over Guest House
Riku

Post by Riku »

Or go to work and race a forklift.
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Heh, my apartment building is kind of like Come over guest house, except it is in the middle of nowhere. But just as much as a dive.

And my place of work does have a small warehouse with pallets of magazines. There is no forklift though, and I work in an office in the executive section so definatly no heavy lifting.

One thing I will mention about the watch. The alarm feature on the game doesn't do it any justice. That thing is loud and I tested it today and it startled me at my desk. It sure woke me out of the after lunch drowsy phase I go though.

Ryudo

Post by Ryudo »

Well the Shirt was free.
Ryudo

Post by Ryudo »

The 12$ one I got at woot 2 years ago was a nice bridgegap to finally have a webcam but it's a 2002 model and such low resolution it's time for an upgrade. Been using skype more to save money on phone calls since most the phone calls I make are long distance.
Ryudo

Post by Ryudo »

Well it was bound to happen eventually,after 4 years of heavy use my MS mouse bit the dust and at the same time my first DVD and main DVD player after 8 good years died so I got a basic Samsung one cheap and a older model MS laser mouse new to replace them.

My wallet is hurting but I think I can manage I worked many hours last week and have some decent hours week I think I will be ok.

Just please nothing else go out,been the year of replacing things sheesh.