PSP go officially announced

The wonderful world of video games awaits you. Console or PC. Old school or new school. Sony, Microsoft, or Nintendo. It doesn't matter. We don't discriminate.
Ryudo

PSP go officially announced

Post by Ryudo »

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/05/30/rumor ... e-of-qore/

Some might compare this to the DSi but how he describes it for a newer audience who grew up digital content makes me think of when GBA micro was aimed at a younger demographic with a smaller version.

lately Sony keeps releasing all these mobile devices and they keep flopping...this thing looks a lot like the failed Mylo products.

We shall see what happens.
Yukupo
Administrator

Re: PSP go officially announced

Post by Yukupo »

No UMD slot. K... So it's a psp that doesn't play psp games. How nice Sony. :roll:
AnimeGamer183

Post by AnimeGamer183 »

My dear Yukupo! Dont you wanna be the coolest kid on your street that has the PSP that doesnt NEED to play PSP games??? I mean why bother with the pesky discs, and sense of owner ship when we can just pay for data on a flash disk instead? it will be wonderful! No bothersome instruction manual or annoying case to tote around, oh no! Its all in the box.

Ok, sarcasm aside, I actually like the design on this, but no UMD? They must be trying to cut back on warehouse costs/save money. I dont think the market is ready for something like this, I guess download games at home and take them on the go? But what about all your other PSP games you already have? Why didnt they just make PSP2 instead? I dont understand sonys logic here, they are just trying to throw this in the market I guess to have something comparable to DSi, PSP 3000 is plenty until they make PSP2. Hello N-Gage!
Ryudo

Post by Ryudo »

AG it's 250$ and def just a desperate attempt to get money.
So you get less for nearly 100$ more than the PSP 3000..hmmm great idea sony. :argh:

They scrapped Mylo 3 I swear and slapped PSP on it :P (Mylo series FAILED HARD)

Here is a pic of Mylo 2

Vyse Hazuky

Post by Vyse Hazuky »

I read at IGN the new Resident Evil PSP would take advantage of PSPGo's unique features. I... just can't imagine what it can be. Maybe split up in episodes like Siren 3 was on PS3 (and all of the Telltale games, like the new Sam&Max series) ? Or maybe the full game plus downloadable extras?
Henry Spencer

Post by Henry Spencer »

All I have to say to this is "meh" and "second analogue stick".