What games are you playing right now?

The wonderful world of video games awaits you. Console or PC. Old school or new school. Sony, Microsoft, or Nintendo. It doesn't matter. We don't discriminate.
darkly

Re: What games are you playing right now?

Post by darkly »

Been playing Walking Dead today. Arrived at the farm, those guys seemed kind of nice at first but why am I starting to get nervous? Something is wrong here me thinks.. I just know something's gonna happen :err:
http://www.telltalegames.com/walkingdead
tao

Post by tao »

darkly wrote: SWTOR is a fun game if all the story doesn't make you bored. I used to play with some friends for a bit, some of them got bored real fast because they where still into that whole "end game is all that mathers" thing. But I liked it because it wasn't all about end game. Each side and class have a different story which made leveling fun. Some planets had some great storys while others where slightly boring.

The Secret World is also fun. It is refreshing to not have to care about your level so much, makes it easier to just relax and enjoy the game instead of rushing through it just to ding. It's a bit different than the others out there in several ways, it may make you confused at first but don't rush it and you'll learn in no time. But having no levels or no class (although you can choose a deck to follow which is basically a class) really opens up for you to choose more and play the way you like. But in the end I suppose it all comes down to if you like the story and the world.
I'm still having fun with this one.
Yeah I'm liking some of the storylines more than the others, from what little I can get with the trial. The jedi storylines seem pretty conventional which is a shame to me. I'm liking the Agent and Sith Warrior stories the most so far.

I wish there were an option for no levelling on SWTOR as well as I really can't be bothered to spend so much time doing that stuff. I just want to get through the story.
darkly

Post by darkly »

^Hehe, Sith is fun. Are you going for evil or nice? I was going to be evil as a sith but wow those guys are really mean :o
Ash

Post by Ash »

Faery Tale Adventure 2. It's quite enjoyable, but it could do with some hints as to what you're actually supposed to do. :P It's also considerably darker than reviews may lead you to believe.....
tao

Post by tao »

darkly wrote:^Hehe, Sith is fun. Are you going for evil or nice? I was going to be evil as a sith but wow those guys are really mean :o
I play light side Sith because I find the traditional evil dark side Sith are so cliche and one dimensional. I'm really liking the light side options for Sith because they add a bit more to the character. I also really like how involved Bioware was in the different variations like how the Empire favors humans and Sith races, so playing an alien like a Chiss or Twilek changes the way the NPCs act toward you.

Playing nice light side characters is alright but it gets kind of bland sometimes. But being a dark side Republic character seems just as cliche as an evil Sith character. I think the only time I ever liked how dark side characters were portrayed in a Star Wars setting would be in the original KOTOR games.
Vyse Hazuky

Post by Vyse Hazuky »

My word, I haven't played a video game, constructively, in ages. I need to finish C of Riddick, Rayman Origins and Superbrothers.
darkly

Post by darkly »

XCOM Enemy Unknown. It's fun!!
darkly

Post by darkly »

So I just finished Bioshock Infinite and it was fantastic! I had no idea game would make me feel this way. And as the game was finished and the end text started rolling I started throwing money at my screen because, well I just wanted to give them more money. All I could think was " here! Take it! You earned it! Take my money, take it aaaalll!!!!!!! ".

Luckily the screen did not take it.
darkly

Post by darkly »

The Stanley Parable.

The oddest game I have ever played. It may appear short at first but this is merely a trick. In fact I am beginning to think
that this game may never stop. Even though I've found several "endings" I am still compelled to continue.
I think I have found it all but then something changes. Again. And I must continue. And after a while, I must say,
the narrators voice will take over. Even now as I am writing this, the narrator is reading it in my head. I belive my thoughts
will sound like the narrator for some time now. I may be damaged. But still I know that I must play again.
Because, after all, where did those co workers go? And who is the narrator? Is he evil? Am I evil?
Oh who am I kidding? I know I must continue to play!
Brotherman

Post by Brotherman »

I finally got around finishing Sonic Generations. It was OK, but it felt a bit rushed. It could have been a whole better IMO.
darkly

Post by darkly »

Elder scrolls online. I'm getting quite fond of this game. It fulfils my need to play Skyrim. Questing is better than most mmo's, even crafting is fun. And the scenery is so beautiful sometimes. It is satisfyingly immersive. And there are a surprising number of older (my age) german women playing. Maybe they being german is not so surprising, I have never played with germans before, they often stick to german speaking servers as most mmo's have different servers. ESO have one mega server for all of Europe. I find it quite refreshing.
Ryudo

Post by Ryudo »

If they ever come back online after the DDoS attack last thursday I would be playing Phantasy Star Online 2
Meantime got the Vita and PSP out. Playing Phantasy Star IV
Vita just kinda messing around. I am so pumped for Xenoblade X. Xenoblade X is a big chef salad of these games in one. Chrono Cross,Xenogears,XenoSaga,XenoBlade,Phantasy Star,Phantasy Star Online. So in the mean time getting my Sci fi RPG fix.
darkly

Post by darkly »

Lifeless planet and wow what an atmosphere!! It is amazingly intense. You are an astronaut set out to explore a lonely seemingly dead planet and find out what is going on and what happened here. It is a "let's-go-for-a-walk-exploration" kind of game with some "jump-death" gameplay. Not too many though, it won't send you into a rage. And I really suck at jump- death stuff. But I find this game very enjoyable. Don't let the "let's go for a walk" scare you off. It is about exploring and uncovering a story. You can watch the trailer here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXnO3O70YRM

*Added more text below like a month later (because I still think about it). Also, for no reason at all I'm just going to add it to my old post.

Lifeless Planet was definitely one of the best gaming experiences this year for me. It was surprisingly scary at times. It sounds simple enough, go for a walk, explore, find stuff, jump, solve some fairly simple puzzles. And I don't even like jumping on stuff particularly much. One of the things about the game that made me doubt it at first. Turns out they added something else to it though, something that made everything more mysterious and exciting. They made it into one of those games that you experience as much as you play. The atmosphere was one of the best I've seen (felt?), the story was intriguing, and the overall feeling from being a possibly-lonely-explorer all made it a very memorable gaming experience.
Brotherman

Post by Brotherman »

Forza 4. Good game, but I would really would enjoy it more with a steering wheel and pedals. But I'll just have to settle. :P
Matt

Post by Matt »

Titanfall - I do love this game. I used to really enjoy COD for some fun competitive multiplayer but since Titanfall's release COD has gone. Its so much fun to me.

Also playing Football Manager 10, Pokemon X, Super Mario 3D Land/World, Fire Emblem Awakening, Zelda Ocarina Of time.