Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons

The wonderful world of video games awaits you. Console or PC. Old school or new school. Sony, Microsoft, or Nintendo. It doesn't matter. We don't discriminate.
darkly

Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons

Post by darkly »

Otherwise known as the "I found this game and now I'm really excited about it!" thread.

This game that I found is called "Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons".
"Guide two brothers on an epic fairy tale journey. Control both brothers at once as you experience co-op play in single player mode, like never before. Solve puzzles, explore the varied locations and fight boss battles, controlling one brother with each thumb stick."
http://www.brothersthegame.com/home

It's fun, charming, heart warming and awesome. You control one brother with each thumb stick (I used a ps3 controller with an emulator on my computer). If you play it on PC you can also use keyboard but that will take away some of the experience. So don't unless necessary. It's not as difficult as Limbo so don't let the "puzzle" word scare you off. This game is about letting the player take part of a story, focus is not on impossible puzzles. It is short -but not too short. I think I'll clock in on 5 hours myself but that's because I like touching things, it may be shorter for you. Each brother interacts with the world differently, so it's well worth it to touch different stuff with different brother.

The world is amazing , the story is exciting and the gameplay is fun! May take some time to get used to the controls but it isn't terribly difficult and once you've gotten used to it you are gonna love it. Especially once you learn the real reason for using this kind of control, it'll be worth it.

It may invoke emotions, it will certainly warm your heart. I'd recommend it to anyone. If you are still wondering about it here is a lovely picture for further convincing:
Ryudo

Re: Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons

Post by Ryudo »

This and Rain were a couple games I loved last year in this area. Emotional journey game. Check out Rain on PSN as well.
darkly

Re: Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons

Post by darkly »

I've heard about Rain, looks interesting. I may have to check it out.