Rate the last game you beat.

The wonderful world of video games awaits you. Console or PC. Old school or new school. Sony, Microsoft, or Nintendo. It doesn't matter. We don't discriminate.
Chaos

Rate the last game you beat.

Post by Chaos »

flOw on PSP - 8/10

Most relaxing game I've ever played. Not much to talk about with it though. You go around swimming and eating things with different creatures and unlock other creatures.
Ryudo

Re: Rate the last game you beat.

Post by Ryudo »

Madworld

8/10
Yeah yeah I got overhyped for it. It was good but even for a beat em up be nicer if it was a little longer.
But the over the top violence was a true guilty pleasure but NMH still remains my second fave Wii game behind Okami.
Riku

Post by Riku »

^You copy and pasted that from the topic that I made at the Dojo. :cry: I feel used.

Yakuza 2 8/10
Ryudo

Post by Ryudo »

You stole Chaos topic and also copy and pasted.
THIEF!
Riku

Post by Riku »

This is no lie. I never see this topic before today.
Ryudo

Post by Ryudo »

Klonoa- 9/10
seriously this maybe a remake but it's a fantastic one and feels fresh in todays games.

The gameplay is the same as it was on PS1 but aged like a fine wine. Sharp beautiful visuals and vivid colours and the back grounds are stunning.
Charming story.
We need more games like this. They ruled the 90's and since faded into being almost extinct. This is a wonderful welcome back.
Tuffty

Post by Tuffty »

Fable 2 - 6/10

Promising at the start but grew more tired of it as it went. For a game that emphasised the relationship you're meant to have with the NPC's, I couldn't care less what happened by the end. And the ending? :?
TheRonin

Post by TheRonin »

Banjo Kazooie - 8/10

Never finished it when it first came out because it got a little annoying after a while.
"Carl picked the wrong day to fight the power."
Yukupo
Administrator

Post by Yukupo »

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask - 9/10
Finally beat it! Hooray. And I got all the masks and filled out the whole Bomber's Notebook. 8-) I wish it would have let me save at the end though. I wanted to keep the Feirce Diety mask and the heart containers I got.
Ryudo

Post by Ryudo »

e Conduit

The Single player has a fairly cliche story and is only 5-8hrs long.
The visuals from a technical standpoint are very impressive for the system esp water effects,Particle effects,lighting,textures and such for the most part.
It lacks in art style where someone like Retro studios is greatly needed.
This game was obviously inspired by other sci fi shooters like Halo and Perfect Dark (esp the Halo esque ending).

Now This game does really shine in a couple areas)besides the technical visuals) The controls are mind blowing and offer so much customization on the fly that this truly is how all console FPS should play.

Really can't express that enough.

Multiplayer is pretty decent but feels like on online version of Goldeneye.(nothing as good as the HD twins but good enough to satisfy)
Sometines it can lag but overall seems fairly smooth.

So it's a nice step in the right direction but could use some improvements for HVS and here is to hoping future titles like The Grinder and Conduit 2 take it to the next level and beyond.

Solid title. 8/10
Vyse Hazuky

Post by Vyse Hazuky »

Gadget, Past as Future - I've beat it a few days ago (it only takes about 2 hours), and I had been trying to write something here since then... But I just can't. I loved it and I can't sum up exactly how good it is.
It suffers from not being an actual game, more like an interactive movie, but it managed to create a fascinating universe and intriguing story, with lots of eye candy. It works on so many levels and it clearly influenced and reminds me of so many other games with its design (Half Life2, Bioshock, Fahrenheit, Last Express, FF7 or Lost Odyssey, heck even Shenmue...) One of the most original pieces I have had the delight to experience.
I realise haven't talked much about what it is: it plays as a first person adventure, like Myst, but with no real puzzles or gameplay. You just click around the places which you can see at leisure (including the various gadgets that give name to the game) and certain objects to progress the story. Many cutscenes intertwine the action and this, coupled with the setting, is where it shines. The story revolves is great, deep and philosophical, free for interpretation and lots of freak out sequences.
Lots of attention to detail as one would expect from a Japanese team.

*/10
Old Man OL

Post by Old Man OL »

Flower, Sun, and Rain (DS) - I posted a lot of my thoughts as I played it over at SD, but that was only up to about the halfway point in the game. After that? The game goes entirely batshit insane. Yeah, it was crazy and a little off-its-rocker for the first half, but after that... it's like Killer 7 crazy, but without the gratuitous violence. I seriously had no fucking clue what was going on. And yet, somehow, I absolutely loved it. It was obvious that almost everything that was happening was symbolic or metaphorical in its implementation. But what was everything symbolizing? I couldn't tell ya. But despite my utter confusion, the game kept me enthralled and entirely interested. I've read that Suda51's earlier "Silver Case" games are required to fully understand FSR, and I would hope that's true. Apparently, the Silver Case should be coming to the DS in due time, which I look forward to immensely. Maybe then I'll be able to sort all this out.
FSR hasn't gotten the greatest of reviews, from what I've seen. It's understandable, I suppose. I can't imagine most people would be able to muster up the patience to wade through such an art house game as this (just as most people aren't willing to sit through art house films), which would result in a lot of people slamming it for not being more "normal". Pft. Imagine that. A game getting slammed purely because it's different. That's certainly the case here, just as it was with Killer 7.
I, on the other hand, loved it.

8/10
Ryudo wrote:The world will end when OL is no longer entertained by us.
Just because.
Vyse Hazuky

Post by Vyse Hazuky »

I find that most of the games I love get poor reviews, in the 60s and 70s (%), like Disaster Report, God Hand (and Gadget, which I have only recently played), Fahrenheit, Yakuza, Rez and Shenmue to an extent.

And even others that got decent review scores, like Silent Hill2, ICO and Colossus or Ôkami, I've always felt that, reading the review, they didn't present good arguments for those scores, as if they were following some media trend of giving that game a particular score because it'd suit them, or just based on looks, or as if they knew it was good, but couldn't come around to explaining why.

This seems to me as a problem of the gamereviewer profession where they're forced to play a lot of different games in a short amount of time (and I doubt that they finish most games, especially if they're not into them), and probably not doing enough research on them or decent interpretation and just take them as they are, and it's almost obvious that many games need a certain mindset for someone to get into them (like any book or movie). Thus, the big scores usually go for big, flashy, impressive games, but if you go and analyze them, there's just not enough substance to go around. Entertaining? Yes, perhaps, but driving the medium the wrong way and just quite poor on a cultural level.

And that's my 2 cents.
Matt

Post by Matt »

Call Of Juarez:Bound In Blood

8/10, Really really enjoyed this game, best western game ive ever played.

Downsides are the short single player and gameplay has slight lack of variety after a while.
But, excellent graphics, enjoyable story, (I really liked the characters) fun gameplay, kept me engrosed till the end.
Chaos

Post by Chaos »

Zenonia (iPhone) - 7/10

Great game for $6. They could of improved it a lot by toning down how much grinding you have to do in each dungeon, and adding more music. There are maybe 4 songs in the entire game, and they're all 6 seconds long without exaggerating. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJe4FrTc ... L&index=94 The couple songs you hear in this video? They're the same songs you hear the whole fucking game. Luckily you can turn the music off and play music from the iPod app.

Still. Pick it up if you have an iPhone/iPod Touch. It's on sale right now for $3.