Anybody else hate to be the bad guy?

The wonderful world of video games awaits you. Console or PC. Old school or new school. Sony, Microsoft, or Nintendo. It doesn't matter. We don't discriminate.
Agent Of Fortune

Anybody else hate to be the bad guy?

Post by Agent Of Fortune »

Does anybody else really hate going down the "wrong path" in games? I hate playing the bad guy in games where you get to choose your own path, like Mass Effect, Fable and KOTOR. I think its because I'm spending so much time in these games, I really don't want to mess it up by being the bad guy. I'm such a weenie. :lol:
Ryudo

Re: Anybody else hate to be the bad guy?

Post by Ryudo »

In fable I killed everyone farted on everyone broke thier houses mad homes for rent them killed them or booted them out of the house killed people so I could buy the house. :lol:
tao

Post by tao »

^ I just bought and sold large quantities of diamonds to the same trader. Less time consuming.

I usually play the good guy too. I'm too nice. :evil: And usually the bad guy always looks really ugly like the facial vericose veins in KOTOR, smoking balding head in Fable, and magma-face Shepard. Being the bad guy also entails really corny scripts that just makes your character act like an asshole. Although sometimes I do pick evil options because the good ones can be so wussy.

Occasionally I'll play as a bad guy just for fun but I never really put a lot of time into those.
Segatatatata

Post by Segatatatata »

I really enjoy being the good guy in most games, not much of an evil dood
Yukupo
Administrator

Post by Yukupo »

Evil is not in my nature.
Agent Of Fortune

Post by Agent Of Fortune »

tao wrote:Although sometimes I do pick evil options because the good ones can be so wussy.
Indeed, there are times when you just need to kick a little ass. Just letting bad guys walk all over you makes no sense.
Ryudo wrote:In fable I killed everyone farted on everyone broke thier houses mad homes for rent them killed them or booted them out of the house killed people so I could buy the house. :lol:
:lol: I've still never really played the Fable games. I should pick them up. I think I can get the first for like 5 bucks at my local CD Tradepost. (CD Tradepost is like a chain of pawn shops... not sure if they are anywhere other than around here or not)
Yukupo
Administrator

Post by Yukupo »

Agent Of Fortune wrote:
tao wrote:Although sometimes I do pick evil options because the good ones can be so wussy.
Indeed, there are times when you just need to kick a little ass. Just letting bad guys walk all over you makes no sense.
Yeah it turns out that the game's definition of good and mine aren't always the same. Granted I'm pretty Goku when it comes to most things but if someone is villainous scum I'm not gonna be treating them nicely. It's pretty hard to get on my bad side, but I do have one.
Sterling
Administrator

Post by Sterling »

It's not quite the same but my brother was playing GTA IV on my machine at the weekend and was doing all the running over pedestrians and attacking innocent bystanders stuff that gets the game a bad rep and I was all like :no: On Way of the Samurai 3 you have to be quite villainous to get certain trophies or endings and I always felt a little sad, like I was violating the spirit of the game even though that was what it was asking me to do.
What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons. You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one.
Segatatatata

Post by Segatatatata »

Yukupo wrote:
Agent Of Fortune wrote:
Yeah it turns out that the game's definition of good and mine aren't always the same. Granted I'm pretty Goku when it comes to most things but if someone is villainous scum I'm not gonna be treating them nicely. It's pretty hard to get on my bad side, but I do have one.
Thats a cool concet, actually questioning the nature of evil and what it means to truly be good too bad most games just ask you to be heroic, or evil without asking why.
Ryudo

Post by Ryudo »

I can't be a good guy in a game that gives me a fart button.

:dcb:
darkly

Post by darkly »

I'll start beeing bad but then I'll always end up beeing good anyway. Never can be bad for that long, I just prefer beeing good. Guess that's why I'm the healer in world of warcraft :) I'm all like I'll save you!
tao

Post by tao »

Ryudo wrote:I can't be a good guy in a game that gives me a fart button.

:dcb:
If only Ryo had that as a fight move....the possibilities!

I go so far as to suggest that Ryo could have stopped Lan Di from killing Iwao with the right toot to the face.