(confirmed) Games you're looking forward to?

The wonderful world of video games awaits you. Console or PC. Old school or new school. Sony, Microsoft, or Nintendo. It doesn't matter. We don't discriminate.
Agent Of Fortune

(confirmed) Games you're looking forward to?

Post by Agent Of Fortune »

Anybody have any games you're looking forward to? I don't really buy new games that much anymore. I always wait for a long time after they come out to get them. I think the last game I bought was Yakuza, way of the samurai and mortal kombat: shaolin monks for like 20$ total from the gamestop bargain bin.

That said, I'm really looking forward to Alice: Madness Returns. I loved the first American McGee's Alice, so I really want to play this game as well. I need to play the first one again to get ready for it. :-D

Other than that, Duke Nukem: Forever, if it ever comes out. I don't really give a shit about FPSs anymore, but I have a special place in my heart for Duke, so I'll play it for nostalgia's sake. It looks pretty good from the previews I've seen, anyway.
Yukupo
Administrator

Re: (confirmed) Games you're looking forward to?

Post by Yukupo »

I always wanted to play American McGee's Alice. I should find it one of these days.

As for me I'm buried so deep in games that have already come out and disappointed by latest iterations of many of my favorite series (cough Final Fantasy cough) that I don't have a lot.

There's always The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword. Still looking forward to that. Xenoblade and The Last Story are also ones I'm looking forward to. There's that Phoenix Wright / Professor Layton crossover on 3DS, (though I don't have a 3DS.) I don't even know all that's coming out anymore. :shock:
Agent Of Fortune

Post by Agent Of Fortune »

Speaking of the 3DS, I think there's a new game coming out from the creators of Grandia for the 3DS, but I can't recall for sure. It might have been a different game series similar to that. I just remember being really excited for it. Can't say I really care to get a 3DS all that much, though...
Bay

Post by Bay »

At this point... Saints Row 3, mostly.

I would've also said LA Noire, but that's almost out of the door, so that can be omitted.
tao

Post by tao »

I'm very eagerly waiting for Mass Effect 3. It's just too bad it won't be released until school's already started and I can't afford the time to play it until break or end of semester. It will be a terrible test of self restraint :cry: Though I think if I don't upgrade my computer components, I think the fact that my hardware cannot handle ME3 would be enough to keep me from succumbing. But then I'll have to hermit myself from any spoilers online D:

The next game I'm looking forward to, but probably won't play, is the Old Republic. I just want to find out what happens after Kotor 2. I'm not really into MMO's anymore but I heard you can play it as a single player. I find multiplayer detracts from the immersion of the story.
Ryudo

Post by Ryudo »

Mega Man Legends 3
Shadows of the Damned
Xenoblade
The Last Story
Segatatatata

Post by Segatatatata »

Might hate me for this but Darksiders 2 and Ninja Gaiden 3 on Wiiu.
darkly

Post by darkly »

Everybody's gone to the Rapture. It's a game from the people who made Dear Esther. I'm very excited about this game and I think it'll be great. It's a pure story game just like Dear Esther but with more interactivity.
http://thechineseroom.co.uk/rapture.html

I'm also looking forward to Amnesia: A machine for pigs but I may not get this one because I no longer have nerves of steel and this is a scary game.
Sterling
Administrator

Post by Sterling »

I'm curious about Sleeping Dogs (formerly True Crime Hong Kong) mainly because of it's HK setting tbh.
Other than that, looking forward to Way of the Samurai 4's long delayed Western release and the long delayed PSN store arrivals of Guilty Gear XX AC+ and FFX
What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons. You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one.
Matt

Post by Matt »

Borderlands 2
Fifa 13
Black Ops 2 (for zombies mainly)
Hitman:Absolution

Thats it. Not one game in the near future im overly hyped for.
Ash

Post by Ash »

I'm looking forward to Virtue's Last Reward (999 Sequel).

Rising Star Games have announced that they'll be releasing the PAL version in November for 3DS, but I'm not sure if they'll also be releasing it on Vita (but the Vita isn't region-locked, if I recall correctly.) Aksys will be releasing Virtue's Last Reward for both 3DS and Vita in North America in October.

It sounds like Virtue's Last Reward may be more complex than 999. Whereas the story (and ending) in 999 was basically determined by the doors you went through, in Virtue's Last Reward, you go through a door (which you pick) with two other people; a pair and a solo. When you go through a door, you must choose to betray or co-operate with the pair/solo. If you decide to betray, you may kill the other/s in the room, but if you choose to co-operate, and the other side chooses to betray you, that may well kill your character.

There are 24 (I think) endings this time.
Vyse Hazuky

Post by Vyse Hazuky »

The only thing that was a drag about 999 was that it made you go through all that dialog everytime you played, and since it is meant to be played multiple times, it ended up quite a chore. Particularly as I didn't like the style per se (I liked the different possibilities of ramifications)
Ash

Post by Ash »

I have heard that Virtue's Last Reward is supposed to be better in that respect, in that you can jump to a particular branch in the story and play from there, rather than being forced to play from the start of the game.
darkly

Post by darkly »

I'm looking forward to Mass Effect 4. Here is the trailer if you haven't seen it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uG8V9dRqSsw
It looks pretty good, I can't wait!
Yukupo
Administrator

Post by Yukupo »

I should finally play ME2 and ME3. I really enjoyed the first one.

I'm looking forward to Zelda Wii U, Final Fantasy XV, and Kingdom Hearts 3 mainly right now. There's probably more I'm forgetting.