Music that reminds you of a certain game/gaming period

The wonderful world of video games awaits you. Console or PC. Old school or new school. Sony, Microsoft, or Nintendo. It doesn't matter. We don't discriminate.
Agent Of Fortune

Music that reminds you of a certain game/gaming period

Post by Agent Of Fortune »

Wasn't sure if I should put this into this forum or the music forum, but basically I was just asking if anybody has any music that reminds them of a certain gaming period/specific game, or if they have a certain game that reminds them of any specific music?

For me, I can't play Doom 2 without thinking of Nirvana's Nevermind or Weezer's blue album. The games and music are tied to each other for me, as I was always listening to those CDs when I played it in the mid-90s.

Another "marriage" for me is Skies of Arcadia, and Smashing Pumpkins' Mellon Chollie and the Infinite Sadness. That became my "Goto CD" while playing that game.

A final one I can think of right now is the first Resident Evil game and the Presidents of the United States' 1st CD. I know it's a stupid CD, but in 7th grade, for some reason, I was listening to it while going through the Courtyard in RE1, and it's stuck with me ever since. Anytime I hear any of that music, the memories come flooding back. Good times.