Jake Hunter: Memories of the Past.

The wonderful world of video games awaits you. Console or PC. Old school or new school. Sony, Microsoft, or Nintendo. It doesn't matter. We don't discriminate.
Ash

Jake Hunter: Memories of the Past.

Post by Ash »

Last year, Jake Hunter: Detective Chronicles was translated and released on the DS. However, the translation apparently wasn't of the highest quality, and more than half the game was completely cut. (There were another three cases, plus some bonus material in the original Japanese version.) Following the feedback from the gamers, Aksys will be re-releasing the game under the title "Memories of the Past", which will include the content cut from the Japanese version, with the three cases in "Detective Chronicles", having updated localisation.

There doesn't seem to be an official release date yet; however there does seem to be rumours of a summer release date.

http://www.aksysgames.com/games/jh-mp/
Old Man OL

Re: Jake Hunter: Memories of the Past.

Post by Old Man OL »

I was interested in the other one until I found out just how "localized" the game really was.
I wish they could just translate these kinds of games and not touch things like names and places and whatnot. In the Japanese version, which is based on a manga, isn't his name Jinguji or something?
Where they got "Jake Hunter" out of that, I have no idea. And I always hate changes like that. If it's based in Japan keep everything in it, besides the dialogue itself, in Japanese. One reason I really like Atlus as of late. Great translations and localizations. Everything is kept intact. Only possible misstep is that they dub their games with english dialogue, but even then they try to get competent voice actors, so it's not too bad.
Might still be interested in this, but the localization is still going to bug me.
Ryudo wrote:The world will end when OL is no longer entertained by us.
Just because.
Ryudo

Post by Ryudo »

I hope this one turns out good,last one I was hyped on but it ended up being meh.
Ash

Post by Ash »

I've just started playing it...only played through cases two and three which were in the first version we got so far. The translation has been improved, the game definitely has more character, but there's a lot of spelling and punctation errors, and Jake now seems to think he's Kyle Hyde. I've also had a look at "Jake Hunter Unleashed", which is a series of overly cute, short mini cases, which seem to be far harder than the main game. (Make one mistake in those, and your partner will start screaming, if not violently attacking you.) They're fun, though.

Edit: Has anyone else played this game, I've got a question about Unleashed Six?