Wassup Fuckers!?

An environment for anything from relaxed general discussion topics to intense debates. Just remember to show some respect and keep things on topic.
Dave

Wassup Fuckers!?

Post by Dave »

So whats up guys? This is The Dave, Funky Dave etc etc. Nice to see this place is back up, and that everyone is still being active. Strange to think that the majority of us have known each other for years now, all from playing a little under-rated game known as Shenmue.

I am still in the snowy province of Quebec, which I am glad to report is starting to heat up a bit. I am getting along well in my job as games tester, I basically just check the English content of games before they are submitted for release. The job is strangely rewarding, as is getting my name in the credts. :D I work in a great company, with at least two people from each country in the world, we have offices Quebec, Japan and a whole host of other places.

Canada is fucking awesome, so is Boston and New York. Texas is as backward as the stereotypes, Los Angeles is fucking CRAZY! Vermont has a Hooters....*cough*.

So, to sum it up, glad to read all the posts from you guys again, hope everyone is doing great! If anyone is ever in the Montreal area in the near future, give me a shout!

Your Friend
Dave
AnimeGamer183

Re: Wassup Fuckers!?

Post by AnimeGamer183 »

Long time man, I am glad to see you fulfilled your dream of getting involved with the production of video games, congrats to you. So you came to North America huh? Its wild over here, I know. So what company hired you? Are you working on any games we might know about? Also, if you need a audio engineer aka "sound guy" or sound assistants or any general audio/sound staff at your work, hit me up. I am very interested in doing game audio (music composition, sound effects, mixing etc).

Glad your back man, hope you've been doin well, and are havin a blast!
Dave

Post by Dave »

I am working for Enzyme Testing Labs.

www.enzyme.org

We have our open positions on there, if you want to apply, I would be more than happy to give you a reference. Summer is our busy period, too.

As for the games, Yes, these are games you will know. But... since they aren't released, I can't say squat. :P
Brotherman

Post by Brotherman »

ALLRIGHT!!!! FUCKING FUNKY DAVE IN THIS BITCH!!!! Great to see you. :)
Ryudo

Post by Ryudo »

DAVE!

*e-hugs!* Whats up!
:D
Sterling
Administrator

Post by Sterling »

Hello Dave, nice to see you.

Texas is not all bad. It has great American football, and some great looking women.
What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons. You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one.
Riku

Post by Riku »

I know a Dave doubt it is you. My dad is also called Dave. Dave is a TV channel here in the UK. Dave Dave Dave.

Welcome.
Sterling
Administrator

Post by Sterling »

Hang on, hang on, this Texas thing has been bothering me. What's so backward about Texas? Compared to most of the rest of the union, particularly California, the economy of Texas is gangbusters. In fact, it's probably the best state to do business in, no matter what your field whether it be technology, energy, natural resources, agriculture, commerce. It's a very large place with a lot of people of all different ethnicities and backgrounds, teeming with many state and private universities constantly researching and innovating, plus of course the Johnson Space Center in Houston. The cost of living is low without sacrificng quality of life, infrastructure is very sound.

Plus, they have great looking women.

What's so backwards about it?##Oh and again, nice to see you.
What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons. You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one.
Riku

Post by Riku »

Avon wrote:Texas

Enough said.
AnimeGamer183

Post by AnimeGamer183 »

While we are on Texas
http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/05/05/tex ... ef=24hours

Pretty shocking story, but I see alot of similar types of things here in georgia from the police. I think its mainly just in the south, we got some really country people in some of the bumble fuck towns/towns that time forgot, where they still ride their tractor on the road and hand wash there clothes in buckets and hang them out to dry. Honestly, a part of me really loves those aspects of the south because its such simple and laid back living. But if the ignorance for the times and the way the rest of the country works isnt being respected, then that one place should change to conform with the rest. These officers are trying to take advantage of what they are technically allowed to do but reason, compassion, common sense, and rationalization all go out the window in response. Dirty fucking cops.
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

I know of the Hooters in Vermont you are talking about. It's in South Burlington right? Yea, if you like 40+ women without all of their teeth it's right up your alley... :lol:

Banned for life from Shenmue Dojo for being too awesome for the server to handle
JoePesci

Post by JoePesci »

Avon wrote:Hang on, hang on, this Texas thing has been bothering me. What's so backward about Texas? Compared to most of the rest of the union, particularly California, the economy of Texas is gangbusters. In fact, it's probably the best state to do business in, no matter what your field whether it be technology, energy, natural resources, agriculture, commerce. It's a very large place with a lot of people of all different ethnicities and backgrounds, teeming with many state and private universities constantly researching and innovating, plus of course the Johnson Space Center in Houston. The cost of living is low without sacrificng quality of life, infrastructure is very sound.

Plus, they have great looking women.

What's so backwards about it?##Oh and again, nice to see you.

I believe that he is referring to the people he has met and how they communicate, as opposed to how much he wants to do business with and fuck them.
tao

Post by tao »

Long time no see, Dave! Seems like you've been doing quite a bit of traveling:D

And what do find so crazy about LA? If you mean the traffic and fusion food, I totally agree.
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Riku wrote:
Avon wrote:Texas

Enough said.

I actually miss that guy. At least with him he never acted like he was smarter than you and he knew what was best for you like the current. He knew he couldn't back that logic up. :)

Banned for life from Shenmue Dojo for being too awesome for the server to handle
Dave

Post by Dave »

Jeff wrote: At least with him he never acted like he was smarter than you..
Would be kinda hard for him to do that. And yeah, it was the Hooters in Burlington, but the women were actually the only redeeming feature.

And as for LA, it is just pure madness, un-adulterated drug fuelled madness.