What thoughts are going through your head right now?

An environment for anything from relaxed general discussion topics to intense debates. Just remember to show some respect and keep things on topic.
Brotherman

Re: What thoughts are going through your head right now?

Post by Brotherman »

Just straight C# and C++. The way it works, it reads in all of the scene objects and lighting parameters (color, location, size) from a text document. Then there is a designated program file to read each object parameter, make calculations and print them to the scene. They have gave us allot of the logic and some broken header files to go by. By the end of the project I started liking C++. IMO, doing it in C# was really pointless.
Yukupo
Administrator

Post by Yukupo »

That's really cool. What sort of class is that for?
Brotherman

Post by Brotherman »

My second computer science course (CPSC-1020), apparently Clemson's computer science department has some obsession with CGI. :P
Agent Of Fortune

Post by Agent Of Fortune »

That's really cool. Looking back on getting my bachelors, I think I was cheated on a lot of my programming courses. I already had an Associates in programming, as well as a few years in the field, so I had a lot of experience already. I really didn't do anything I didn't already know, and all of it was pretty simple. This project sounds really cool.
Brotherman

Post by Brotherman »

I went from not knowing how to program, to doing this major project. :help: It feels good to know I got one the hardest programs to work. But I lost a few years of my life trouble shooting this thing. ;_;
I was thinking it was time for me to move on to an xbone, but there is too many games I haven't played on 360 yet. :oops:
darkly

Post by darkly »

I heard that the Steam summer sale starts tomorrow :help:

And now that's pretty much the only thing I can think about. And I'm not even going to buy anything. Probably.
darkly

Post by darkly »

Wondering if I should buy Broken Age or not. Although I'm just doing that to make it seem like a thoughtful decision, and so that I can go "Yeah, I really put some thought into this, I totally didn't buy it on an impulse". But there isn't much to think about here, Tim Schafer (Grim Fandango) made it and the key features really says it all (copied straight from steam):

Key Features:

*Pointing
*Clicking
*Original soundtrack, composed by Peter McConnell, recorded by the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra
*All-star voice cast, including Elijah Wood, Jack Black, Jennifer Hale, Wil Wheaton, and Pendleton Ward
*Dialog Trees!
*Some jokes. Unless you don't think they're funny, in which case we totally weren't trying to be funny.
*A whole bunch of awesome PUZZLES
*This one really hard puzzle that you won't get but you'll look it up online and not tell anybody
*All your hopes and dreams

The last part "All your hopes and dreams " almost made me buy it instantly. But also "This one really hard puzzle that you won't get but..." made me want to buy it. Mainly because that almost never happens :P
Brotherman

Post by Brotherman »

Today was my last day of work for the summer and was kinda crappy. But in a way it was a good thing. It stops me from getting complacent about my career. I'm way to qualified (as a mechanic) to be working at a parts store anymore. :x
But at least I did manage to make an A on my accounting class for the summer. Actually kind of surprised myself. :shock:
darkly

Post by darkly »

^Congratulations!

Shoes. Have you ever noticed how some shoes seem to have been made by someone who hates feet and wants them to die?
Brotherman

Post by Brotherman »

^ Thanks. And I also notice the better they look, the more uncomfortable they are. :no:

Anyways, hard to believe this semester is almost over.... :shock: Two more weeks until the finials.... :help:
Ryudo

Post by Ryudo »

I'm 32 this month. I joined Shenmue Dojo in 2003 at 20 years of age. I left SD in 2013. I had my ups and downs and for the most part not really part of the Shenmue crowd anymore tho still a game I love. Odd to me 12 years ago I joined a community that for all it's flaws and mine was a interesting experiences. Great in the beginning despite websites at war over petty issues but that's part of what made it interesting with Ryo's Place and such.

Most of us moved on to have lives either on our own path or starting families. Still once and a while look back and think what a interesting place this community was even if silly petty issues at times. Easy to reflect now as it's essentially over. Sure it still lingers a little but the core has faded away. Such is time we move on.

This post is useless without pictures.

:rock:
Agent Of Fortune

Post by Agent Of Fortune »

I agree, it is very odd. I turn 32 in September. I was 19 when I joined in 2003. I mostly just have a few people that I connect with via FB or MSN (I refuse to call it Skype! :-P) but have largely moved on as well. I visited the SD the other day for the link to the special build of NullDC designed for Shenmue. First time I had been there in probably 6 months or so. I really don't hold any ill will toward it, I just moved on, like you said.

I am now on my 4th Dreamcast but keep having spotty luck with playing Shenmue, so I finally gave up and just started playing it on my laptop with an Xbox360 controller. Nothing deters me from playing Shenmue more than starting a game and having the DC fail right when I'm still getting through the beginning monotony of the game. I have still never been able to convert a saved game, and pick up in SII with a save from Shenmue I.

Anyway, as for what thoughts are going through my head, just the usual ponderings of life, love and the universe.
Brotherman

Post by Brotherman »

Well, I will always post here as long as this place exist. I miss the days of when we had allot more members. But at least we still have the laid back environment. 8-)
darkly

Post by darkly »

Brotherman wrote:Well, I will always post here as long as this place exist. I miss the days of when we had allot more members. But at least we still have the laid back environment. 8-)
That makes me very happy to hear Brotherman, I like reading your posts and I want to know how Brotherman (and the rest of you) is doing! :D
The laid back environment is the best thing about this place, I know visiting here is usually nice and fun regardless of the number of posts. I will continue to post here as well because it is still relaxing and entertaining. Also, I have found it to be a suitable place to contemplate on life.
Ash

Post by Ash »

I have a team building exercise based on Jung's behaviours tomorrow. It's about learning what type all the members of the team are, and the best way for us to interact with each other. The Trainer said he wants us all to exhibit our yellow (which is energetic side) in the training. I scored highly in blue, which is more or less the antithesis to yellow - I wonder if I'm supposed to work against my nature and pretend to be more yellow, or if I can get away with sleeping in the training, because that would be more in keeping with my personality. :P