What thoughts are going through your head right now?

An environment for anything from relaxed general discussion topics to intense debates. Just remember to show some respect and keep things on topic.
darkly

Re: What thoughts are going through your head right now?

Post by darkly »

^good to hear Brotherman ^ I hope things are still good for you.

On the outside I'm, like this :) on the inside it's more like this: :help: which is starting to get a little frustrating.
I need more zen in my life. And cowbells. Mostly cowbells.
Agent Of Fortune

Post by Agent Of Fortune »

I just got a new job, so I've had thoughts of that going through my mind lately. Just getting ready to finish my first week. It's been pretty crazy and overwhelming.
darkly

Post by darkly »

^I hate first weeks! Hopefully it has gotten better for you by now.

There is a bird who likes to sit on the roof one floor up from my balcony and poop on my balcony railing. There is another balcony in between the roof and mine but yet it manages to poop on mine every time. I'm both impressed and disgusted by the size of that poop and the aim of the bird.
darkly

Post by darkly »

I wonder if any of you saw the Perseids this year. I watched for hours and it was great! It's just something special to watch one of them pass by so quietly. You'd think something as awesome as that would make more sound. If you don't know it's coming you'll sleep right past it. Watching the stars is very calming.
darkly

Post by darkly »

I sometimes think that becoming a hermit could be just the thing for me. I think I could probably do it, except sometimes I do enjoy seeing other people. And I would have to find a suitable spot. I want all the comforts of course such as internet (I could be a game playing hermit) but somewhere away from people. Which is difficult, they are everywhere these days. But I think being a hermit would be less awkward than not being one.
Agent Of Fortune

^I ponder going off to an island to train and be away from people like Master Roshi from Dragon Ball on a near-daily basis.
Brotherman

Post by Brotherman »

Well I'm trying to make a quick decision. I went to the AT&T store today to get my LG g2. Well, they didn't have any in stock. But after salesperson looked at my service plan, I found out it would be $15 a month cheaper to by the phone at retail price instead of the 2 year contract. :? Plus, I'll have unlimited talk & text too. :) And now I realize that it would be about $50 cheaper to guy an Nexus 5..... :shock: I got my loan money back last week and I'm done paying for books...... :twisted: Decisions decisions...... :help: Oh and I need to send back the case and screen protector I had already brought for the g2. :isuck:
Ryudo

Post by Ryudo »

After
11 years I finally found a music player to replace WMP. I tried WInamp many times back in 2003 I tried hard to use musicmatch.
Itunes I hated. Thing is why it was so hard is I don't listen to bands and such. The ones I do I use pandora or stuff i have on CD. 98% of the time it;s been VG Tunes. I only use WMP for so many years because I could never find one to suit my needs.

Now I found Musicbee.

RIP Windows Media Player for me. 2003-2014
Brotherman

Post by Brotherman »

My computer science course is no longer about programming. It's more about math....more math...more math.... SMH... :no:
Agent Of Fortune

What's funny is that in "the real world" you actually don't need math that much in programming, unless you're programming some kind of engine or something. Most of programming is just figuring out some solution to a problem, and trying to go about it in a way that you/someone else can figure out what the heck you were trying to do 6 months down the line.

Anyway, it's a beautiful day out today. Getting ready to drop the baby off at my parents, and go out with the wife for a nice night on the town. Been too long. :-D
Yukupo
Administrator

Post by Yukupo »

^ Nice, enjoy it.

Just wondering what I should do today. The weekends are so short. Usually one day is spent cleaning and the other watching Netflix, haha.
Brotherman

Post by Brotherman »

I just finished my course long ray-tracing project....after 80 plus hours of work. :argh: So I made and an image.... After looking at it for a while I think it looks like a math book cover..... :|

Agent Of Fortune

^What program did you make that art in? I've done a lot of work in Blender, but I'm by no means an expert. I'm still pretty much a beginner. Yukio is a great 3D artist, though.

I'm just getting ready for my baby's 1 year doctor appointment. I can't believe it's been a year already. :shock:
Brotherman

Post by Brotherman »

^ They had us do it in C# without the reflectivity and shine. Then move everything to C++ and add the shine and reflectivity. Lots of annoying vector math involved. I'm just glad it's over. :D
Should be staring my summer job and summer class the week after next. But for now, I'm just gonna chill and read a few books. 8-)
Agent Of Fortune

Wow that's awesome. I don't even think I know how to do that. Was that done in DirectX? Or were you using straight C# and C++ for that?