Isn't it Ironic, don'tcha think?

An environment for anything from relaxed general discussion topics to intense debates. Just remember to show some respect and keep things on topic.
Agent Of Fortune

Isn't it Ironic, don'tcha think?

Post by Agent Of Fortune »

Oh CNN. :lol:
Attachments
isntitironic.png
Sterling
Administrator

Re: Isn't it Ironic, don'tcha think?

Post by Sterling »

Haha, that's great. It could be worse, you could have, as Simon noted, people expressing their dissatisfaction with the lack of available employment opportunities in their areas by burning down local businesses.
What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons. You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one.
tao

Post by tao »

The world is swimming in irony. I feel like I'm living in a world fabricated by the Onion.

Regarding the riots, I read an interesting article that further highlights how ridiculous it (and the rest of the world) really is:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-14471921
Bambi

Post by Bambi »

It does make me angry to see people try to justify the looting and destruction.
Sterling
Administrator

Post by Sterling »

The dude who said it stems from layabouts who are angry their handouts have been slashed is dead on the money. I roll my eyes whenever people start talking about social security too and wonder what's so wrong with trying to live within your means. Then you get the condescending attitude of, well, the west when it comes to China and obviously a lot of it is very misguided. Svetlana Kirilenko put it like this: " That’s the trouble with you Americans. You expect nothing bad to ever happen, while the rest of the world expects only bad to happen. And they’re not disappointed."
What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons. You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one.
Bambi

Post by Bambi »

Sterling wrote:The dude who said it stems from layabouts who are angry their handouts have been slashed is dead on the money.
I wish that wasn't true as it seems like something you'd read in the Daily Mail but I think a large part of it is caused by this welfare generation.