How's the weather where you are?

An environment for anything from relaxed general discussion topics to intense debates. Just remember to show some respect and keep things on topic.
Agent Of Fortune

Re: How's the weather where you are?

Post by Agent Of Fortune »

^Nice. I'm getting tired of the cold, though. It's been about what you described on average lately for the past few weeks. I long for some hot summer days in a pool for a change.
tao

Post by tao »

^I've got your hot summer days right here. I just don't have the pool. Wanna trade weather? :D
Agent Of Fortune

Haha nah, it's going to be getting to be nice soon... for about a week. Seasons in the midwest are weird. We have a chilly-to-mild and rainly Spring from like mid-April to mid-May, blazing hot summer from mid-May to September, mild-to-cold Fall from September to about mid-October, and then cold, snowy Winter that ranges from about -20 - 20 the rest of the year.
Agent Of Fortune

91 degrees F/33 degrees C today. *reads through post from Thursday about it being chilly to mild until mid-May, when it gets blazing hot* Yep, that about covers it. :-D
tao

Post by tao »

Warm, sunny, and pleasant.

The perfect climate for launching takeover campaigns.
darkly

Post by darkly »

Iowa weather is crazy :D How do you deal with that heat for so long? We get maybe 3-5 weeks with temperatures like that and not always in a row either. And I'm very happy about that! Over 30 degrees C is too hot! I don't like it. Although since the weather is getting weirder the summers are getting very hard to predict. But so far the worst heat waves that have started to hit europe doesn't make it all the way up to us.
Today and for the past week or so we've had fairly sunny and between 15 -20 degrees C, it's very pleasant. The best time of the year right now :D
Yukupo
Administrator

Post by Yukupo »

Finally starting to get summerish weather round here. I mean its in the comfy zone for me. But soon the heat will rise past that and I'll be burning up. Fortunately my apartment keeps cool even without AC.
Agent Of Fortune

darkly wrote:Iowa weather is crazy :D How do you deal with that heat for so long? We get maybe 3-5 weeks with temperatures like that and not always in a row either. And I'm very happy about that! Over 30 degrees C is too hot! I don't like it. Although since the weather is getting weirder the summers are getting very hard to predict. But so far the worst heat waves that have started to hit europe doesn't make it all the way up to us.
Today and for the past week or so we've had fairly sunny and between 15 -20 degrees C, it's very pleasant. The best time of the year right now :D
Wow somehow I missed this post. Yeah, it's pretty much like living under the sun in the Summer, and on the dark side of the moon in the Winter...(</melodramatic post>

Lately we've been dealing with horrible floods, though. Towns have been evacuated, and the army national guard is watching the water level of the river to see if people will need to be evacuated. People have been told to be ready to move at a moment's notice.

Luckily I live on the side of town away from the river, and am up on a really high hill, so I'm fortunate in that respect. (Been getting a shit-ton of water in my basement though. :x) I feel very lucky, and at the same time guilty that others in my town are having it so much worse than me.
Brotherman

Post by Brotherman »

It's been hotter than a mother fucker here. :x
Sterling
Administrator

Post by Sterling »

It got warmer as the day went on but so far it's only been hot enough to wear shorts to work around five days this year. Hopefully it'll just be a late summer rather than no summer...
What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons. You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one.
darkly

Post by darkly »

Cloudy and 23 C (75 F). It's gonna be hot and humid today.
darkly

Post by darkly »

Brotherman wrote:It's been hotter than a mother fucker here. :x
That about sums it up :D and with the angry smiley at the end too.
tao

Post by tao »

It's been in the 90-100'sF the past few weeks, super humid too.
Yukupo
Administrator

Post by Yukupo »

Yeah it's been in the 90s here too. Yesterday it was 100. Lookin' to cool down to the 80s this weekend at least. I love A/C.
Agent Of Fortune

What's funny is we had this horrible heat wave and drought this summer, and last week when you were having the heat wave, it was cool enough here to have the heat on. :-o