Shenmue Dojo Dead or Under Construction?

An environment for anything from relaxed general discussion topics to intense debates. Just remember to show some respect and keep things on topic.
Riku

Re: Shenmue Dojo Dead or Under Construction?

Post by Riku »

^Oh I looked at the other RE website on the Dojo mainpage. That one has a much better look. Looking forward to the new forum look but hope it's not a step down. I have faith Yama ;) . Although I hope it's a different look to your RE forum.

I think that most people will come back. From my understanding HD was down for months so that explains evreyone not coming back. Although it makes me wonder that a few members haven't turned up here. I know OL and Kenny have accounts here. Let's just hope people have left it in their bookmarks.
Ryudo

Post by Ryudo »

Sweet. Be nice again to have an active Webmaster.

Still putting a bounty on Future boys head.
Peter

Post by Peter »

im so happy for whats afoot, both for the community and Shenmues future. Its gonna take some time to get my head around the fact that Hellraiser actually let the place go. Now that is a shock! But the great thing is that it couldnt have went to a better successor.

One thing i will suggest is to collaborate with Blue, Yama. I know you from back in the day, but lack of Shenmue news and other projects have took you elsewhere and Blue has been there since day 1. What he says about the board colour screen is absolutely true
Ryudo

Post by Ryudo »

Just spread the word on Laws Yakuza forums.
Yukupo
Administrator

Post by Yukupo »

Interesting turn of events.
ys

Post by ys »

Well this is basically what he told me earlier. He said that it would be in good hands and that he will still keep up the youtube channel in the future. He thought that giving it to Yama could give the community a new spark. Especially now that there's a little Shenmue related news lately (the Dreamcast DLC, Shenmue interview with a developer,...)it could benefit from it.
Hvergelmir dreki
Með høfuðum ellifu
Frá Utgarði
Ek kalla þik

Peter

Post by Peter »

It will be interesting to see what the new dojo is like. I feel sorry for a lot of people though who left a while ago, and decide to come back for a visit and see the place has been completely changed. I wish Hellraiser all the best, he did a good job over the years in his own way. Some periods were fun and eventful lets just say.

I hope the new look Dojo will have some new news this year. I still say that DLC Shenmue will be bigger than people think. I was thinking about it last night, and surely its going to be quite a task for whoever converts it and upgrades it. I mean there was 3 gameplay discs, compared to the Sonic Adventure and Crazi Taxi games that are slated to be the first DC DLC released. Is it even possible to completely upgrade Shenmues original graphics and sound for HD consoles? If it is surely it would take a while!

Also on another note, would it be possible for the Shenmue Dojo to not be blocked my websense due to "GAMES". I mean it doesnt make sense how i can access the Hazuki Dojo in work and post here without any problems, yet it doesnt let me go onto the Shenmue Dojo message board. :cry:
Crimson Ryan

Post by Crimson Ryan »

So.. everything will be kept in tact from the 'old' Dojo? Posts, member list, all the history dammit!! Right?

:ninja: < Ziming
Rt Hon. beedle MP wrote:err nerr, ah am lahk frum yurksheh and ah dos not wan' al these steryawtahps. t'videor bi quarght offensive. bloodeh suthernas, etc.
Peter

Post by Peter »

Yes i hope everything is kept. There wont be any need to re-register or anything id say
Ryudo

Post by Ryudo »

I think yama said we would keep the old stuff. Lose too many people that way if having to re register. Many just say "fuck it" helped Killed RP and again look at this place.
Losing all that history would be the deal breaker for me.

So just sitting back before I have to get ready for work and a little anxious to see the new digs. Soon after a bunch of us jerks will drag mud on the new carpet.
Peter

Post by Peter »

Funny you mentioned RP Blue. When the Dojo went down and i started to get the feeling something could have been drastically wrong (site deletion or whatever) i spent an hour searching for Ryos Place. i had completely forgot that it became HD! Ryos Place was a cool name for a Shenmue based website though, but the picture above, with the Hazuki Dojo at sunrise just rules all. :thumbsup:

Definately agree i hope all is the same, but i really hope the Shenmue Dojo still has its own look and feel. Thats what i loved about the old boards dragon skin. It was a regular message board but it looked and felt a little different. I admit i am excited, but at the same time, nervous to see what comes later on this evening.
Crimson Ryan

Post by Crimson Ryan »

Dragon skin must stay. That's my deal breaker.

Well, not definitive but still..
Rt Hon. beedle MP wrote:err nerr, ah am lahk frum yurksheh and ah dos not wan' al these steryawtahps. t'videor bi quarght offensive. bloodeh suthernas, etc.
Ryudo

Post by Ryudo »

RP had so many problems besides the trolling it got. It kept updating and moving and getting revisions and re registering then Bambi and Bysby unveiled HD and everyone flocked from RP to HD. At that point RP had tumble weeds.
Can't remember who owned RP but he killed it after HD took it's members.

As for old SD I wonder how many actually used Pheonix,it was always the joke skin.:P

Yukio did an awesome job recreating the skin here that was at the old HD,only thing I miss is the cool "magic weather" thing. The board would react in colour slightly due to the time of day in actual time.
Dojo banner would also show if it was dusk or night morning and noon and the logo changed also.
Gimmicky but cool.
:P
Crimson Ryan

Post by Crimson Ryan »

I was inactive when all that was going on unfortunately. I hope we get a final word from Ziming when the new place is up. I would of thought money was an issue in running the place. Is this why he sold it? Either way, I'll have to get round to donating this time. :isuck:
Peter

Post by Peter »

Thats one thing i didnt think of in regards to these new boards. Advertising. I wonder if it will be an issue?