Poland Spring (Bottled Water) is Hazardous

An environment for anything from relaxed general discussion topics to intense debates. Just remember to show some respect and keep things on topic.
Jeff

Poland Spring (Bottled Water) is Hazardous

Post by Jeff »

Last night I finished off a 2.5 gallon drum of Poland Spring which tasted fine, and it is something I do on a nightly basis. Because there was only a half a cup left on that drum, I used the new drum I purchased last week. This drum was unopened and not tampered with. Immediately I noticed a chemical taste to the water. I took about 5 gulps before I dumped the water from my glass. About 20 minutes later I felt nauseous and had abdominal problems the morning after. The nauseous feeling subsided later that afternoon. Out of curiosity I got a drinking water testing kit from the hardware store. When I tested the Poland Spring water I was shocked at the findings. The water has dangerous ph levels as well as other questionable readings. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I then decided to test the water right from the faucet to see if this would be the same. It turned out to be a stark contrast. The tap water was far safer. I called Poland Spring corporate and forwarded the photo's I included in here. This will make you think twice about buying bottled water. I know I have... The top squares on the strips are the ph levels.

Banned for life from Shenmue Dojo for being too awesome for the server to handle
tao

Re: Poland Spring (Bottled Water) is Hazardous

Post by tao »

Yikes. Good thing you didn't drink anymore.

Generally bottle water is just tap water, with minerals added to it. The good (expensive) ones are filtered. Tap water is safe (I never drink straight form the tap though, I boil it) but if you're concerned about chemicals in the water like chlorine or flourine, you might want to invest in a good water filter.