Old folks home

An environment for anything from relaxed general discussion topics to intense debates. Just remember to show some respect and keep things on topic.
Agent Of Fortune

Old folks home

Post by Agent Of Fortune »

Welcome to the old folks home. Post here if you feel yourself getting old.

I'm 26. In 2 years (from this coming May) I will have been out of high school for 10 years. :-|

Crazy how time flies...
Ryudo

Re: Old folks home

Post by Ryudo »

Next month I turn 27.

Not much has changed in looks,just fatter and now bald oh and I need glasses also aching joints.

oh...guess things have changed.

I am really falling apart and can't afford a doctor and stuck in a very physical job..I want to quit but not in a position too.

27 is supposed to be still extremely young but I am already having a mid life crisis.

fuck.
:aargh:
tao

Post by tao »

I am closer to 21 than 20 now.

At times I feel like a cranky old fart, other times I feel like I know nothing. Every year seems to go by faster and faster. Tomorrow I'll be 30 and what have I got to show for it? :no:
Riku

Post by Riku »

18 next year. Just thought I'd show off.
Agent Of Fortune

Post by Agent Of Fortune »

tao wrote:I am closer to 21 than 20 now.

At times I feel like a cranky old fart, other times I feel like I know nothing. Every year seems to go by faster and faster. Tomorrow I'll be 30 and what have I got to show for it? :no:
I feel like I know nothing on a daily basis. In fact, I feel way dumber than I was when I was in school. Your knowledge becomes so secularized when you get into a job that you might know everything there is to know about your little piece of the world(which I surely do not, by the way), but as soon as something else comes along, your brain melts down. I find myself having trouble with little math problems and spelling; two things I used to be really good at.

Ryuudo, I don't know if you have any desire to do this, but you could always look into going to some local community college at night or taking online classes in order to get a degree in something, if you would like a way out of your current job situation. I've been thinking of doing something like this myself. Not sure if I will end up doing it or not, though.

The problem with going back to school is that you find yourself working towards something that you're not sure you want to do in the first place, just to find a way to make some money. :-|
"I've waited far too long, for something I forgot was wrong." - Gin Blossoms