Snow is so fun to drive in

An environment for anything from relaxed general discussion topics to intense debates. Just remember to show some respect and keep things on topic.
Chaos

Snow is so fun to drive in

Post by Chaos »

especially when you drive a rear wheel drive truck with no weight in the back (I hadn't put any weight in the back yet. It wasn't supposed to snow yesterday but HEY LOOK AT THAT. Fucking Ohio.)
I love going backwards on the freeway. You guys need to try it some time.
Last edited by Chaos on Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Chaos

Re: Snow is so fun to drive in

Post by Chaos »

wow someone delete one of these topics. This server is amazing.
Ryudo

Post by Ryudo »

You know you can delete it yourself.
tao

Post by tao »

And here we complain of 0.0000000001" rain.
Chaos

Post by Chaos »

I forgot you could delete your own topics here. Too used to another forum. I'll get around to it when the site stops acting like it has a server from 1980. (never?)

and tao you're lucky :<
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Many pick-up drivers in VT put heavy thing like bags of sand on the back to keep weight on the rear tires. I've become driving in the snow expert living in Vermont. I did it for years with 2wd on worn summer tires, that teaches skill...

Banned for life from Shenmue Dojo for being too awesome for the server to handle
Chaos

Post by Chaos »

Jeff wrote:Many pick-up drivers in VT put heavy thing like bags of sand on the back to keep weight on the rear tires. I've become driving in the snow expert living in Vermont. I did it for years with 2wd on worn summer tires, that teaches skill...
I usually do, but it hadn't snowed yet and it wasn't SUPPOSED to snow yesterday. Out of nowhere we get like 3 inches of snow and the roads were barely getting plowed. Sucks shit. I'm fine when I put weight on the back tires though.

Edit: I fixed the pics in the opening post. I didn't realize they weren't working.
Agent Of Fortune

Post by Agent Of Fortune »

Yeah, Iowa is terrible for snow too. We were watching my wife's parents dogs this weekend, and we went out there yesterday. We were getting ready to leave their house, only to see that we had been snowed in. So I had to get up at 4 this morning to shovel their 20+ feet driveway. Yay.

Tonight through tomorrow night we're supposed to get like 15-20 inches of snow. We'll have to see though, its never usually as bad as they say. Stupid "Middle America."
Agent Of Fortune

Post by Agent Of Fortune »

We just had probably the worst snowfall that I can remember. We ended up with around 20+ inches of snow that was pretty much coming down non-stop since Wednesday. I don't know the exact amount of snowfall recorded, but they say all kinds of records were broken. It was nice that it was a "White Christmas" but it sucked because if you don't have a 4 wheel drive vehicle, you've been pretty much locked up in your house for 3 days.
ys

Post by ys »

This topic makes me long for winter. It's about 27-30 degrees celsius now here and we're suffering with the humidity that goes with it. And no wind to cool down on top of it. Bring on the frost I say . And yeah, driving in the snow can be fun. But I prefer to do it with winter tires ;) Then you can kind of do a controlled slide to take sharper turns.
PS Front wheel traction also helps.
Hvergelmir dreki
Með høfuðum ellifu
Frá Utgarði
Ek kalla þik

Jeff

Post by Jeff »

it snowed in a part of New Hampshire the other day.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/breaki ... falls.html

Banned for life from Shenmue Dojo for being too awesome for the server to handle
ys

Post by ys »

Heh, crazy. Though I would like some of it after those earlier weeks of heat.

We didn't get any snow during summertime here before. Probably due to the fact that we're at sea level. But it has been just under 0 degrees during the night in some extreme case before. That was in July or August then.
Hvergelmir dreki
Með høfuðum ellifu
Frá Utgarði
Ek kalla þik