My area is getting bad (dont even bother coming to Atlanta)

An environment for anything from relaxed general discussion topics to intense debates. Just remember to show some respect and keep things on topic.
AnimeGamer183

My area is getting bad (dont even bother coming to Atlanta)

Post by AnimeGamer183 »

http://ajc.newsinc.com/index.html?PID=1 ... SPID=60621

Mexican drug gangs have set up shop and now they are tryin to take over. This is right down the highway from my parents house, and I have noticed there are now cameras on every light post going down I-85... It seems crime around the atlanta area is starting to sky rocket again, and from what I have read this seems to be the biggest concern in the Mayor election thats about to happen, especially since we are getting a brand new mayor (Seeing that Shirley Franklin the current mayors 8th year in office is about to let up), and apparently its the main focus surrounding the election.

http://www.ajc.com/news/atlanta/city-le ... 42738.html

Check out the January 7th incident that happened, they were closing down their restaurant and ended up getting a brick through their window and thrown on the ground with guns pointed at them, while being robbed.

Did I tell you guys my friend and I got robbed at gun point recently walking to the gas station? $300 of mine gone, and then it turns out people that I know, KNOW the people that did it. Also it seems they are wanting to rob us AGAIN, or so says our friend that knows them, like they want to make us their regular robbery victoms or something. I dont know but im really starting to not feel safe, and I fear that feeling might lead down an undesireable path. I was very angry and since we know someone that knew them it makes it fairly easy to retaliate which I am trying not to make that call, but if they try to rob me again I may get drastic.

Also, my partner in this little music endevour that we have started (the same one that was there when I was walking to the gas station) was robbed AGAIN. This time while he was trying to promote our music and a bit more of a scarey situation unfolded. He got in someones car to let them listen to one of the CDs, and got the doors shut on him with the child safety locks on, he said they made him go to the ATM and over draw his account (cause the $50 he had in his wallet wasnt good enough apparently) they took his wallet, phone, took his license and told him they have his address and know where he lives now.

I really dont know what to do anymore, who to trust, apparently we cant even promote our music around here. I am considering getting my weapons license so I can legally carry a gun around, I do not want to get robbed again nor have my life be in jeopardy, it is not a fun feeling when someone else is in control of you/ you life even if only for a few minutes.
Sterling
Administrator

Re: My area is getting bad (dont even bother coming to Atlanta)

Post by Sterling »

Yeah Atlanta is strange, I mean Tim Tebow and Matt Ryan are out at a café or something and people are going up to Tebow to get their photo, and autograph and whatever and then are looking at Matty Ice and are all like "Um, who are you?"

Meanwhile, crime is up everywhere. Over the weekend, a cop got shot to death execution-style in Seattle by some gang members who were tailing him after he had finished up a traffic stop.
What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons. You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one.
Riku

Post by Riku »

I already have some beef with Atlanta.
Brotherman

Post by Brotherman »

Yeah, the ATL can be very dangerous. You have to be on your toes all the time when you're there. :hmm:
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

My dad said 'why don't you look in Atlanta for a new career'. I said 'no way pop's, your trippin', I ain't moving in the dirrrtay dirrtay south up in the ATL' (yes I actually said that). But even in Vermont banks are now getting robbed and all sorts of crime is occurring due to the economy and people are getting desperate. In VT the unemployment is 6.7% so in contrast I'm actually currently sheltered from the problem. I do say to people wait until July 2010. Why you say? Well when did the mass layoffs occur? Jan-Feb 2009. Unemployment benefits will run out at that time. We have yet to see 'bad' yet. Stay indoors when the sun goes down my friends.

Banned for life from Shenmue Dojo for being too awesome for the server to handle
AnimeGamer183

Post by AnimeGamer183 »

The south can be a hard pill to swallow if you arent used to it, or prepared, you still have to remember that Atlanta is in GEORGIA, and its still pretty red neck and country out here seeing as its the deep south. Personally, I love the south and I dont think I could really feel at home any where else, which is one of the reasons I cant leave (despite all the fucked up shit that has happened). My best friend is still begging me to move to Phoenix but I just dont see that happening.