Interracial couple denied marriage

An environment for anything from relaxed general discussion topics to intense debates. Just remember to show some respect and keep things on topic.
Tuffty

Interracial couple denied marriage

Post by Tuffty »

NEW ORLEANS – A Louisiana justice of the peace said he refused to issue a marriage license to an interracial couple out of concern for any children the couple might have. Keith Bardwell, justice of the peace in Tangipahoa Parish, says it is his experience that most interracial marriages do not last long.

"I'm not a racist. I just don't believe in mixing the races that way," Bardwell told the Associated Press on Thursday. "I have piles and piles of black friends. They come to my home, I marry them, they use my bathroom. I treat them just like everyone else."
Source

I see his point. I mean what can an interracial child ever hope to achieve in America? Being President? [/sarcasm]

And lol at the "But I have many black friends!" excuse..
Riku

Re: Interracial couple denied marriage

Post by Riku »

Twat.
Yukupo
Administrator

Post by Yukupo »

Not just many black friends. He measures his black friends in "piles." Very humanizing.
Ryudo

Post by Ryudo »

Does he have a gay pile of friends also?
tao

Post by tao »

He doesn't like his piles to mix. It's like food touching.
Brotherman

Post by Brotherman »

Classic bigotry. It's all fine and dandy as long as the "coloreds" bread to themselves. But when a black man gets with one of their "white princesses" all hell brakes loose. :roll:
Yukupo
Administrator

Post by Yukupo »

Hahaha, tao. Brilliant.

I find it pretty ridiculous he would even make this quote. It's like a classic cliche. "I'm not racist, I have black friends." Of course the piles thing is a new twist. Props for originality there. And look, he even lets them use his bathroom too. What a nice guy.

I wish racism would just end already.
Sterling
Administrator

Post by Sterling »

Just so you guys know, I have piles of white friends :)

Really, I have nothing useful to add to the topic at hand other than I bet that justice guy is a big time LSU fan :P

I am fascinated by this term "mixed-race" though because it only ever seems to be thrown out there when it's convenient for the user, usually when they're trying to conform to ridiculous PC standards. People refer to Obama as being the first black President but when they're trying to make some point about discrimination, he's suddenly "mixed-race". I think it's disingenuous. I mean no one has ever described Tiger Woods as the most successful half-Asian golfer in history. Dark skin is dark skin.
What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons. You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one.
beedle

Post by beedle »

Why does he put his black friends in a pile, is it some kind of mass cremation