Hitler alive?

An environment for anything from relaxed general discussion topics to intense debates. Just remember to show some respect and keep things on topic.
Sterling
Administrator

Hitler alive?

Post by Sterling »

So apparently, this piece of jaw the Russians were hoarding and believed to be a piece of Hitler's body after he committed suicide is actually from a young woman, sparking claims that Hitler faked his death and fled to Argentina, living as a reverend in a German community.

I wonder, if it turned out he was alive and he came out of hiding today and talked about how much he wanted to return to Germany or Austria or wherever, what would people say? Would they say "Ah, his crimes were over 60 years ago! It's not like he personally executed any Jews! Hey, he was masterful orator! We should give him a break!" What do you think the chances of that would be?

The reason I ask of course is because that's more or less what people are saying about Roman Polanski. Roman Polanski drugged and sexually assaulted (including sodomy) a thirteen year old girl. A thirteen year old girl! He admitted his crime and when it became clear he would have to serve a significant amount of time in jail, he hightailed it off to France which I suppose must be a very accepting place for pedophiles.

Now that he's been arrested and looks set to be extradited and force to pay for his disgusting indiscretions, Hollywood celebrities are flocking to his side to defend him and whine about how he should be given amnesty. What a load of bullshit. I've talked in the past about how self-absorbed and disconnected from reality people in Hollywood and for that matter many celebrities in general are and this just reinforces my view. I hope the US does not buckle to celebrity pressure and locks this sick fuck away.

As a coda, in case you didn't get my point about how self-righteous and self-involved celebrities are, here is an Irish journalist at the premiere for the climate-change issue film "Age of Stupid" showing how impossible it is to take environmentalist wingnuts seriously.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-cvK9vxA6M
What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons. You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one.
Vyse Hazuky

Re: Hitler alive?

Post by Vyse Hazuky »

If they didn't lock up Jerry Lee Lewis...
Riku

Post by Riku »

He would be dead by now of old age. And even if he wern't I'd find it hard to hear Hitler and Not Guilty in the same sentance.
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

I actually hope he lived after WWII, that way he could have seen for himself how the world rejected him and how his horrible reign has had lasting effects on the world to this day. If he lived he would have lived in shame and embarrassment.

Banned for life from Shenmue Dojo for being too awesome for the server to handle
beedle

Post by beedle »

Right, if I were Hitler and wanted to fake my death, last thing I'd do would be to use a woman.