All of your Internets belong to The One

An environment for anything from relaxed general discussion topics to intense debates. Just remember to show some respect and keep things on topic.
Jeff

All of your Internets belong to The One

Post by Jeff »

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-10320096-38.html

Notice the vagueness of what an 'emergency' is and how he can enact this without any checks and balances.

Its for 'national security', like silencing those critical of the administration in sake of 'protecting the president'.

If Bush did half the things Obama has done they'd be shouting 'off with his head'

Banned for life from Shenmue Dojo for being too awesome for the server to handle
Sterling
Administrator

Re: All of your Internets belong to The One

Post by Sterling »

Obama is striving to gather all this power over his people, but I think it's fairly evident he has little international pull. People apparently look at him and see a walkover. For all his faults if Bush were still President no way the Scots have the balls to cut the Lockerbie bomber loose. The guy is apparently not even as sick as they claimed. Then he goes and has a very nice manhug with Gadaffi who'll strutting all over Pittsburgh at G20. Doesn't speak well for the clout of Obama or Hillary Clinton. I don't know why Big O is whining so much about it considering he's letting everybody from Guantanamo free to roam all over without any checks on them. At least he's actually voicing an opinion though which is more than can be said for our motherless jamook of a prime minister.
What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons. You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one.
Ryudo

Re: All of your Internets belong to The One

Post by Ryudo »

Not the first time this has been suggested and not the last,however nothing will come of it.
*yawn* moving along.

Anyone liking Snow Leopard or upgrading to W7 this fall?
Oh another tech related thing I plan to turn my old crashed HDD and turn it into a clock,now if I can just find a alan wrench to fit these wierd screws.