Shenmue Dojo Lockdown

An environment for anything from relaxed general discussion topics to intense debates. Just remember to show some respect and keep things on topic.
Brotherman

Re: Shenmue Dojo Lockdown

Post by Brotherman »

I think we need a gimmick to get our members here to post more. :?
Yukupo
Administrator

Post by Yukupo »

If I'd have known we'd be having guests I would have baked some cookies or something. :wha:
Chaos

Post by Chaos »

Yukupo wrote:If I'd have known we'd be having guests I would have baked some cookies or something. :wha:
Nobody wants your cookies.

WELCOME TO THE NEW MEMBERS WHO WILL END UP LEAVING THE MOMENT SHENMUE DOJO IS BACK UP, THUS LEAVING THIS PLACE DEAD AND LONELY AGAIN

:no:
Yukupo
Administrator

Post by Yukupo »

You just shut the hell up and go back to your corner.

Have a nice day. :)
Kiba

Post by Kiba »

Yo.

Ryudo, you never told me how pretty and fancy the Hazuki Dojo has become since I left. I like it...a lot. In fact, I'm thinking, why not just stay here?
Ryudo

Post by Ryudo »

haha welcome Kiba.

Word of warning though,this newer HD is headed now by Juan the very man you offended and cast you out the last time.

So be best to lay low on the shenanigans.
:P

I just sport the green but he holds the hammer.
Kiba

Post by Kiba »

P.S. I love Juan.
silent killer

Post by silent killer »

I hear you.
Shh, they won't let you leave if they think they can convert you
Last edited by silent killer on Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
rome

Post by rome »

Chaos wrote:
Yukupo wrote:If I'd have known we'd be having guests I would have baked some cookies or something. :wha:
WELCOME TO THE NEW MEMBERS WHO WILL END UP LEAVING THE MOMENT SHENMUE DOJO IS BACK UP, THUS LEAVING THIS PLACE DEAD AND LONELY AGAIN

:no:
Sounds likely. But this place isnt bad.
Crimson Ryan

Post by Crimson Ryan »

Kiba wrote:Yo.

Ryudo, you never told me how pretty and fancy the Hazuki Dojo has become since I left. I like it...a lot. In fact, I'm thinking, why not just stay here?
I'd miss you.
Rt Hon. beedle MP wrote:err nerr, ah am lahk frum yurksheh and ah dos not wan' al these steryawtahps. t'videor bi quarght offensive. bloodeh suthernas, etc.
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

All praise Kiba's return!!!

And may Shenmue Dojo burn in eternal hellfire and brimstone for all I am concerned.

Banned for life from Shenmue Dojo for being too awesome for the server to handle
rome

Post by rome »

:help:
Kyodai

Post by Kyodai »

I have many reasons to smile while thinking about the arrogant people that now have tears in their eyes, the ones that are responsible why SHenmue Dojo was such a failure regarding too many things to list them here. But among this stockpile of assholes were a few brave men that have done so much. I remember great 3D models, awesome Shenmue music remixes, breathtaking tweaks, funny fan videos and naughty hentai drawings of Shenhua.

Strange memories on this nervous night in Shenmue Dojo. Five years later? Six? It seems like a lifetime, or at least a Main Era—the kind of peak that never comes again. Shenmue Dojo in the middle 2000s was a very special time and place to be a part of. Maybe it meant something.. . . but no explanation, no mix of words or music or memories can touch that sense of knowing that you were there and alive in that corner of time and the world. Whatever it meant. . .There was madness in any direction, at any hour. . . . You could strike sparks anywhere. There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning, that there was a Shenmue 3 or at least a good fangame. . . And that, I think, was the handle—that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn’t need that. Our energy would simply prevail. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. . . .

So now, less than five years later, you can go to a steep thread in Shenmue Dojo and look downwards, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark—that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back.

That was the fatal flaw in Dino's trip. He crashed around Shenmue Dojo selling "a better Shenmue" without ever giving a thought to the grim meat-hook realities that were lying in wait for all the people who took him seriously. All those pathetically eager Shenmue freaks who thought they could buy a sequel and salvation for three mouse clicks. But their loss and failure is ours too. What Dino took down with him was the central illusion of a whole life-style that he helped create -- a generation of permanent cripples, failed seekers, who never understood the essential old-mystic fallacy of the Shenmue Culture: the desperate assumption that somebody, or at least some force, is tending the light at the end of the tunnel.
Brotherman

Post by Brotherman »

KennyNOL

Post by KennyNOL »

well this place is worthless again.