Salad Dressing

An environment for anything from relaxed general discussion topics to intense debates. Just remember to show some respect and keep things on topic.
Jeff

Salad Dressing

Post by Jeff »

You know something that is not being used to it's full potential?.. Salad dressing. There is Russian, French, Italian... and that's all I can think of. There are hundreds of countries out there and they are deprived of their own salad dressing. Why not a Swiss, British, or even American? And don't give me that Ranch is the de facto American dressing. That's commie talk, the red menace already has a dressing and simply doesn't want to compete. If it was American Dressing it would be called just that. And where exactly is Thousand Island and Hidden Ranch? I demand they show themselves and be recognized by the world community or they should forfeit their dressing.

Banned for life from Shenmue Dojo for being too awesome for the server to handle
Sterling
Administrator

Re: Salad Dressing

Post by Sterling »

What the hell is Russian salad dressing?
What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons. You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one.
Brotherman

Post by Brotherman »

Avon Barksdale wrote:What the hell is Russian salad dressing?
Probably vomit if it's anything like Caviar. :x
beedle

Post by beedle »

I find salad cream to be far superior
Yukupo
Administrator

Post by Yukupo »

Yeah really, I've never heard of Russian dressing.

Here's what wikipedia says about Russian dressing:
Russian dressing is an American tomato-based salad dressing noted for its pungency. It is typically orange-red, burnt red, or pink in color.
So, the "Russian" dressing is an American invention eh?

On that note, we have French Dressing here:
French Dressing is a term used in Britain and the U.S. in particular, to describe the most common salad dressing in France: the vinaigrette, and its many variations. The dressing is generally accepted to be a type of vinaigrette but often includes different ingredients. It seems one of the few countries where the term is not used is France, where this salad dressing is only ever referred to as a vinaigrette.
So it seems these countries don't care about having their name on a dressing afterall. It's America and Britain who are responsible for tying France to so many different foods. The plot thickens, my friends.
Brotherman

Post by Brotherman »

^ Smell a conspiracy (and salad dressing). :?
Ryudo

Post by Ryudo »

You're on this salad dressing thing again?

As you were told back in the day we have an American dressing. RANCH.

STFU! Leave my Ranch alone!
:x
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Yukupo wrote:Yeah really, I've never heard of Russian dressing.

Here's what wikipedia says about Russian dressing:
Russian dressing is an American tomato-based salad dressing noted for its pungency. It is typically orange-red, burnt red, or pink in color.
So, the "Russian" dressing is an American invention eh?

On that note, we have French Dressing here:
French Dressing is a term used in Britain and the U.S. in particular, to describe the most common salad dressing in France: the vinaigrette, and its many variations. The dressing is generally accepted to be a type of vinaigrette but often includes different ingredients. It seems one of the few countries where the term is not used is France, where this salad dressing is only ever referred to as a vinaigrette.
So it seems these countries don't care about having their name on a dressing afterall. It's America and Britain who are responsible for tying France to so many different foods. The plot thickens, my friends.
I think I opened the doors of a worldwide conspiracy. Russian spies perhaps? I can smell the hand of Putin in all of this...

Banned for life from Shenmue Dojo for being too awesome for the server to handle
tao

Post by tao »

When I think of 'American dressing' I think of ketchup and BBQ sauce
JoePesci

Post by JoePesci »

Italian ranch is like creme de pesto or something like that. And Russian ranch is just Vlad Putin's cum.
Ryudo

Post by Ryudo »

I just made a salad and used French dressing,oooh and it was an evil red colour but it was great.
I should be deported even though I am a citizen,I don't deserve to live in america Jeff.(look I even capitalize French but not america)

I'm a bad man.
Yukupo
Administrator

Post by Yukupo »

Ryudo, how could you? Anything but French...
[mYLES]

Post by [mYLES] »

I'm more of an oil dressing fan... I dont like to get political
Yukupo
Administrator

Post by Yukupo »

And you know where that oil comes from? THE MIDDLE EAST. You think you're not political but you support the war machine.
Riku

Post by Riku »

BBQ sauce is the best.