The Other Dojo (Not naming specifically)

An environment for anything from relaxed general discussion topics to intense debates. Just remember to show some respect and keep things on topic.
Brotherman

Re: The Other Dojo (Not naming specifically)

Post by Brotherman »

Old Man OL wrote:Just gotta be the first to say it:
Shenmue Dojo>>>>>>>>>>>Hazuki Dojo

No offense to this place. It could be alright, maybe, if anyone would post more than once every three weeks. Seriously, this place is usually deader than the series it's based on. SD, on the other hand, is pretty much always active. Whether it's anything constructive, humorous, or just plain retarded doesn't matter. There's almost always something new there, and it's generally more entertaining or interesting than anything here.
And as a plus, most people there can take verbal abuse and dish it out accordingly, and still be cool with each other.
HUGE plus.
No warnings flying around unless something is truly racist, disgusting, or offensive.
Well this place really wasn't doing too bad to until it went offline for like four months. :argh: It seems like ever since that happen this place just haven't been the same. I guess everybody how hasn't returned must have found something to do with there lives. :no:
beedle

Post by beedle »

Jeff wrote:I am mad because of the continuing libel and character demonstrations made of me.
bawwwwwwwww
Ryudo

Post by Ryudo »

Brotherman wrote:
Old Man OL wrote:Just gotta be the first to say it:
Shenmue Dojo>>>>>>>>>>>Hazuki Dojo

No offense to this place. It could be alright, maybe, if anyone would post more than once every three weeks. Seriously, this place is usually deader than the series it's based on. SD, on the other hand, is pretty much always active. Whether it's anything constructive, humorous, or just plain retarded doesn't matter. There's almost always something new there, and it's generally more entertaining or interesting than anything here.
And as a plus, most people there can take verbal abuse and dish it out accordingly, and still be cool with each other.
HUGE plus.
No warnings flying around unless something is truly racist, disgusting, or offensive.
Well this place really wasn't doing too bad to until it went offline for like four months. :argh: It seems like ever since that happen this place just haven't been the same. I guess everybody how hasn't returned must have found something to do with there lives. :no:
Brotherman speaks truth.
Before the big crash this place was more active and had it's own fun atmosphere.
But since it's not been the same. I am glad the effort was made to bring it back..better than nothing to me since a couple people here I enjoy talking to.
Riku

Post by Riku »

I don't see why evreyone here don't just sign up at the dojo. I know this was made because of something that happened long ago. I don't even know since I wasn't around then. But all I ever hear is it's all in the past. Just makes no sence to me.
Ryudo

Post by Ryudo »

Riku wrote: I know this was made because of something that happened long ago.
Wrong.
That was Ryo's place which then fought with SD. HD killed RP.
HD was never trying to compete with SD like RP was.
No one (besides jeff I guess who was not even a part of it..niether was I really) cares about that anymore,nor should they.
Last edited by Ryudo on Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Riku

Post by Riku »

Ryudo wrote:
Riku wrote: I know this was made because of something that happened long ago.
Wrong.
That was Ryo's place which then fought with SD. HD killed RP.
HD was never trying to compete with SD like RP was.
My bad. Anyway still think evreyone should just move over.
Ryudo

Post by Ryudo »

Nah just the older members were much closer as friends as they were there in the beginnings of shenmue and were not just online friends but real life buddies some are just online but it's more of a clique thing and many here just don't fit in with the SD crowd..some of us who came later but still long ago enough can fit in both.

I enjoy SD and the people at HD but SD most there just go online post stuff at each other but no one really knows anyone for the most part and that might be the biggest difference between the Old gang and the new gang.
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

I think this place and it's members and posts have quality over quantity. When I see what is going on there I am happy with what we have here. I am against just one place for Shenmue. Nothing good about monopolies. If Shenmue Dojo was the only Shenmue site left I would solely show my support of Shenmue via facebook.

Banned for life from Shenmue Dojo for being too awesome for the server to handle
Old Man OL

Post by Old Man OL »

^^Yeah, that's called spite.
Not exactly the most enlightened attitude to be taking.
Ryudo wrote:The world will end when OL is no longer entertained by us.
Just because.
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Old Man OL wrote:^^Yeah, that's called spite.
Not exactly the most enlightened attitude to be taking.
Why should I? I'm not Jesus Christ. They banned me on no merit, they don't have my respect.

Banned for life from Shenmue Dojo for being too awesome for the server to handle
Old Man OL

Post by Old Man OL »

Except that we've already established that the people who had a problem with you aren't there anymore.
I'm not exactly trying to get you to go over there or anything (not so sure anymore that they'd be gaining anything substantial if you did), but you complaining about Shenmue Dojo like this is like an American refusing to visit England because we had a war with them in the 1700s.
Old news, buddy. Kinda moot by this point.
Ryudo wrote:The world will end when OL is no longer entertained by us.
Just because.
Ryudo

Post by Ryudo »

You were a troll/prick then jeff and got banned and unbanned a few times and given so many second chances and still acted like little troll ..besides Sonikku banned you 4 years ago.

Here Jeff this is for you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLxlc_83 ... re=channel
Yukupo
Administrator

Post by Yukupo »

Ahhh nostalgia. I used to post a lot. I don't know what happened but it got less and less. And I've been busy with school (which is over for the summer now). But the passage of time has reduced general posting by a lot anyway.

Maybe I'll post more. :theyreontome:
beedle

Post by beedle »

This happened four years ago?! haha, wow.

It's a fucking forum mate, stop taking the Dojo, a small community based around a dead video game series (which was never even that popular in the first place) on the internet , so seriously. And all this is down to some shit that happened years ago because of a few members, who have left and more than likely forgotten about you now.

Are you really that proud?
Sterling
Administrator

Post by Sterling »

Without wanting to whine about things that happened a few years ago, the good members were forced out and the trolls were allowed to take over and they've thrived since to the point where their behaviour is the norm and the rest of the Internet where that kind of stuff is unacceptable is now apparently vanilla.
What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons. You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one.