The Other Dojo (Not naming specifically)

An environment for anything from relaxed general discussion topics to intense debates. Just remember to show some respect and keep things on topic.
Jeff

The Other Dojo (Not naming specifically)

Post by Jeff »

I just learned that another certain Shenmue website (not naming it by name but you know which one) is going to be shut down by the company who owns the server. I don't know how to put this into words my feelings about this day. Here is something that can better describe it than I could.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwEMxYggoKQ

Banned for life from Shenmue Dojo for being too awesome for the server to handle
Riku

Re: The Other Dojo (Not naming specifically)

Post by Riku »

Video not avalible in my country. And what's so bad about saying Shenmue Dojo?
Vyse Hazuky

Post by Vyse Hazuky »

Riku wrote:Video not avalible in my country.
It's a music video of Kool & the Gang, the song "Celebration".

Why so much hate, Jeff ?
Ryudo

Post by Ryudo »

Jeff it's not over.

Gamespy/IGN are moving to different servers and SD is ending it's free hosting there however the day after Yama and HR are launching a brand new Shenmue Dojo and for you cheering is immature..seriously I think we have grown beyond those days of past when RP and SD fought.

Get over it,the rest of us have.
Bambi

Post by Bambi »

I don't think anyone would be happy to see a Shenmue site get deleted, it's pretty sad that all the community history will probably get erased.

Anyone remember the Shenmue Fansite?

http://www.angelfire.com/az2/shenmue/

:dcy: :dca:
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

I am mad because of the continuing libel and character demonstrations made of me. I hope the new Sh***ue Dojo fails.

Banned for life from Shenmue Dojo for being too awesome for the server to handle
Ryudo

Post by Ryudo »

^Practically everyone there these days never heard of you and your name is never mentioned.

Like anywhere we all give each other that are active a hard time through jazzing.
And even if you were brought up a couple times and mocked....we have done it here at HD also,it's the internet,should not get upset about anything said on the internet.
Get over yourself.

==================================
As to Bambi ..yeah hate to see years of history deleted but oh well a fresh start is needed every so often.
Be smaller for sure but Ziming has moved pretty much all the media to his Youtube channel.
Plus Yama has done a great job with his Resident Evil site.
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

I meant to say demonize, not demonstrate on that last post. Anyway my stance is that I have a right to be bitter towards them and I wish for failure of Shenmue Dojo so that Hazuki Dojo succeeds. I think it is unfortunate that Ryudo is serving two masters, which by the way is forbidden in holy scripture.

tao

Post by tao »

evlbaMbee wrote:I don't think anyone would be happy to see a Shenmue site get deleted, it's pretty sad that all the community history will probably get erased.
SD's accumulated quite a lot of information/speculation/media over the years and it would be sad to have it gone for good.
Brotherman

Post by Brotherman »

^ Exactly, that would not be the business.

Jeff, I'm disappointed in you player. :no: You've matured allot. So I'm surprised that you still hold a grunge for so long. :tsktsk: That's not very pimp'ish at all. You gotta learn how to charge bullshit to the game. 8-)
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

I know, I know, but I'm not perfect. I have been saying this would happen for years and now that it did I feel the need to celebrate to avenge the injustice.

Riku

Post by Riku »

Brotherman wrote:^ Exactly, that would not be the business.

Jeff, I'm disappointed in you player. :no: You've matured allot. So I'm surprised that you still hold a grunge for so long. :tsktsk: That's not very pimp'ish at all. You gotta learn how to charge bullshit to the game. 8-)
And why ain't we seen you at the SD as of late.

And Jeff as Ryudo said most have left now. There are not that many old member's left. It's like SD: The next generation.
Brotherman

Post by Brotherman »

Riku wrote:
Brotherman wrote:^ Exactly, that would not be the business.

And why ain't we seen you at the SD as of late...
I've been busy.... but I will try to post there more often now....
Old Man OL

Post by Old Man OL »

Just gotta be the first to say it:
Shenmue Dojo>>>>>>>>>>>Hazuki Dojo

No offense to this place. It could be alright, maybe, if anyone would post more than once every three weeks. Seriously, this place is usually deader than the series it's based on. SD, on the other hand, is pretty much always active. Whether it's anything constructive, humorous, or just plain retarded doesn't matter. There's almost always something new there, and it's generally more entertaining or interesting than anything here.
And as a plus, most people there can take verbal abuse and dish it out accordingly, and still be cool with each other.
HUGE plus.
No warnings flying around unless something is truly racist, disgusting, or offensive.
Ryudo wrote:The world will end when OL is no longer entertained by us.
Just because.
tao

Post by tao »

...On the other hand its veeery easy to keep up with things here :D