How Feel you?

An environment for anything from relaxed general discussion topics to intense debates. Just remember to show some respect and keep things on topic.
Brotherman

Re: How Feel you?

Post by Brotherman »

^ I'm sure you gonna do/did just fine. :thumbsup:

I feel pretty good. Spring semester just started, and I'm getting my mind ready for another go around. :whistle:
Ryudo

Post by Ryudo »

pretty good. Also first time I posted on a Shenmue site in many months. Also not posted here in a long long long time. Good to know it's still here
Ash

Post by Ash »

How was everyone's Christmas and New Year?

Hope the Law test went well, Darkly. :D
Yukupo
Administrator

Post by Yukupo »

Not bad, thanks. It was over pretty quickly though.

I'm feeling tired but not too much. Time to get ready for work.
Brotherman

Post by Brotherman »

Ash wrote:How was everyone's Christmas and New Year?
Mine went pretty good. Just having a little difficulty getting my Mojo back running.

I'm feeling a little bit tired. Yesterday I had a management exam, computer science lab, and black student union meeting back to back yesterday. Didn't get home until late. I had a very hard time getting out of bed this mourning. But I'm OK now. :)
darkly

Post by darkly »

Ash wrote:How was everyone's Christmas and New Year?

Hope the Law test went well, Darkly. :D
Christmas and New year was fine. Too short.

I finished my test today, the nervous wait for the result has begun! Kind of hard to tell how it went, could go either way but at least it is done and now I shall attempt to relax.
Ryudo wrote:pretty good. Also first time I posted on a Shenmue site in many months. Also not posted here in a long long long time. Good to know it's still here
Good to see you Ryudo! How are you doing?
Ash

Post by Ash »

Have you gotten your results back yet, Darkly?

I feel a little burnt out from work. Ever since the start of this year, I've been working seven days a week. I can't help but feel a little like I'm being taken advantage of as well?
darkly

Post by darkly »

^No, should get it no later than next week I think. Hopefully by the end of this week.
Seven days a week is a lot. I have only on rare occasions worked that much and it is very tiring. I couldn't stand it for very long. No wonder you are feeling burnt out. Is it just temporarily or do you have a really odd schedule?

I feel surprisingly good. A couple of hours ago I was more like: :argh:
I was going to install a program that I need for school today. And encountered an error during installation. "Funny as hell!" I thought to myself and went on to troubleshoot. After 2 hours of troubleshooting it turned out that it was a really stupid error.
Installing stuff and getting errors is just like when people run from danger on tv -you just know they are gonna sprain their ankle.
Ash

Post by Ash »

darkly wrote:^No, should get it no later than next week I think. Hopefully by the end of this week.
Seven days a week is a lot. I have only on rare occasions worked that much and it is very tiring. I couldn't stand it for very long. No wonder you are feeling burnt out. Is it just temporarily or do you have a really odd schedule?
Good luck :D

To be honest, I can't really complain about the seven day weeks, because I volunteered for the weekend working (and will be doing it until at least April), and as I've committed to it, I would feel guilty if I backed out. On a more selfish note, I am looking for a new job, and have to think about my references; backing out of my work commitments doesn't reflect well, and it may be the general burnt out feeling, but I can't help but think there's been a slight shift from my team asking me to do things and saying thanks when I do them/agree to do them, to demanding that I do them, and only taking note when I fail to live up to their expectations. :?
darkly wrote:I feel surprisingly good. A couple of hours ago I was more like: :argh:
I was going to install a program that I need for school today. And encountered an error during installation. "Funny as hell!" I thought to myself and went on to troubleshoot. After 2 hours of troubleshooting it turned out that it was a really stupid error.
Installing stuff and getting errors is just like when people run from danger on tv -you just know they are gonna sprain their ankle.
I know how frustrating it is when a program won't work like it's supposed to. It can really feel satisfying when you defy the program's malevolence and get it to work anyway, though. :D
Brotherman

Post by Brotherman »

Tired. I've been working on two separate programs. Lucky, they're pretty similar so if I get one, I should be able to get the other.
darkly

Post by darkly »

I passed my (law) test :D Weeeee!

And then later, for no reason at all, I dropped a coffee mug in the air. I was going to put it down on the table but I was doing something on my computer and was quite focused and somehow I forgot where the table was. So I just dropped the coffee mug in mid air. Imagine my surprise when it hit the floor.
Anyway, I'm feeling quite good now.
Brotherman

Post by Brotherman »

∆ Congratulations! :clap: I'm sure the coffee drop was in celebration.

I'm feeling relaxed. School load settled down for now...
Matt

Post by Matt »

darkly wrote:I passed my (law) test :D Weeeee!

And then later, for no reason at all, I dropped a coffee mug in the air. I was going to put it down on the table but I was doing something on my computer and was quite focused and somehow I forgot where the table was. So I just dropped the coffee mug in mid air. Imagine my surprise when it hit the floor.
Anyway, I'm feeling quite good now.
Congrats,

Drop your mug while deleting m"someone" from your steam friend list? I can imagine eh..............
Still. Show's how much of a super cool person you really are I guess......
Matt

Post by Matt »

I imagine I will be banned now. But oh well. Il stil love Shenmue.
So for the record. You are all cool peeps. Have good lives.
One depressing night. Im treated like a lepar. Hey ho.
Shows how much the "caring" side of some people are i guess.
Oh, btw. im good. Will be starting my nursing degree soon, so hopefully in a couple of years il be a fully qualified learning disabilities nurse.
darkly

Post by darkly »

^Matt
Cool has nothing to do with it. I'm not going to argue with you and I'm not going to ban you. You can post here all you want, enjoy your stay and welcome back.