How Feel you?

An environment for anything from relaxed general discussion topics to intense debates. Just remember to show some respect and keep things on topic.
Sterling
Administrator

Re: How Feel you?

Post by Sterling »

Hope it goes ok for you Darkly, anything we can do? Probably not thinking about it, but you never know!
What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons. You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one.
darkly

Post by darkly »

^thanks^. I will be studying 100% (found out today, yay!) but I won't get started on a major so that puts me back a bit. The government thought that it would be a great idea to save some money on higher education, which combined with a record number of people applying for university just made everything that much harder. Didn't see that one coming so I didn't plan for it. But the most important thing is that I get to study otherwise I won't get any money. I'll just have to figure out the rest as I go. It would have been nice to get started on the 90 points that I need though, it'll take longer now. I'll try being more realistic next year.
Brotherman

Post by Brotherman »

Was scared, but starting to calm down. I put some Certifect on my Dog this morning to prevent him from getting fleas. Normally I get Frontline, but the vet was out. He's been lethargic all day, which is normal according to the label. Eventually it seem more like he was sick, so we looked at the Amazon reviews and seen WTF it did to other people dogs. :shock: So we washed it off him with dish detergent. He seems to be feeling a little better, but the fact this toxic shit is even on the market pisses me off. I'm going to get a refund tomorrow.
Ash

Post by Ash »

How is your dog now, Brotherman?

I'm fuming. I really dislike my job, though, really in this case, I'm more displeased with a co-worker, rather than the actual job. :x
Brotherman

Post by Brotherman »

He's just fine now. And we got our refund from the vet. They also pulled that shit from their sales counter too.

Right now, I feel crappy. I came down with the summer cold. :(
Ash

Post by Ash »

Right now, I'm dreading tomorrow. You just have to love the working world, and all those supposedly "voluntary" social engagements. :wha:
darkly

Post by darkly »

^I hope it went well for you. I'm not to fond of the working world "voluntary" social engagements either. They are often boring and have many awkward moments.
Ash

Post by Ash »

Thanks. :D It could have gone a lot worse.

Right now, I'm irritated. I sometimes think that I would just like to take a drill and.... :argh:
Brotherman

Post by Brotherman »

I feel good, but a little restless. I've been going wide open for the past two weeks in school. And after all the exams are done, I kinda don't what to do with this time off. I'll probably go read some books over the holidays.
darkly

Post by darkly »

^I know the feeling :D , It is a little difficult to relax once you are done. I envy you though, none of my classes will finish early so I'll have to continue studying. And then in January I have a huge and very important exam in law (part of the information science class). I'm very nervous about that one.
Brotherman

Post by Brotherman »

Yeah, I was kinda lucky. Two of my classes didn't even have a real actual finial. And I was able to exempt from my computer science final. Which left me with just the math final exam to worry about. I just found out yesterday I got a B in the course. Considering I wasn't even sure I was going to pass the class a few months ago, I feel pretty good. So, three A's and one B. I feel very relieved.... :)
Ash

Post by Ash »

What are you both studying, if you don't mind my asking? :)

I'm mixed. I always feel distanced from everyone at Christmas. :?
darkly

Post by darkly »

^I don't mind. I'm studying information science and archives and german. My third language in a year (!) , I've been meaning to study it before but it is a very popular language to study here and it is difficult to get accepted. Information science is mostly to get some law skills for public sector jobs and such.

I hope you had a nice Christmas, Ash.
I can relate to feeling distanced. This is the first Christmas that I'll be spending alone, feels strange but alright I guess.
Brotherman

Post by Brotherman »

Ash wrote:What are you both studying, if you don't mind my asking? :)
I'm studying Information Technology. I originally was a Computer Science major, but the math was too much for me. Depending on the circumstances, I may go back and get an degree in Computer Science in the distant future. But I just want to graduate at this point.

I feel relaxed now, but I was a bit grumpy earlier today. I didn't sleep well last night. By the time I fell asleep good, my dad wakes me up in a kinda obnoxious fashion to go Christmas shopping. So, that vibration kinda carried on for the rest of the day. But I feel allot better. But tomorrow I gotta get up early to get him a Roku for his gift. I'm not really the Christmas Eve shopper type, but I couldn't think of anything to get for him until just recently. Luckily, I already got my mom her gift already.
darkly

Post by darkly »

I'm freaking out over here. I have my law test next week and I should be studying hard today but I'm having huge difficulties with focus right now. Partly because I keep thinking about how incredibly unlikely it was that I should ever have a test in this particular subject and partly because I might have done to good a job with getting relaxed over Christmas. I'm ready to try just about anything right now to get back in the "mood". I'll even try the Stanley Parable elevator music for ten hours straight : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdR9dqnLC1k

I can't do this! I can do this! I can't! I can!! Omgomgomgomg *breathe*. Keep calm. Don't keep calm! arrrrggghhhh!!Stoppacingdamnyou! Ithinkthischairmustbebroken. Isitdownbutthen5minuteslaterI'llfindmyselfstandingbythewindowagain.