How Feel you?

An environment for anything from relaxed general discussion topics to intense debates. Just remember to show some respect and keep things on topic.
darkly

Re: How Feel you?

Post by darkly »

^How is the new job so far?

My hand is much better, not quite 100% but it's getting there (probably). I was quite worried that I'd torn a tendon or something because I couldn't really move one of my fingers much (and that sort of thing requires surgery). But after 7 weeks of intense staring and endlessly repeating pleasedon'tbetornpleasedon'tbetorn it finally started to get better. So what happened was I sort of punched the ground (was holding a bag and landed on my knuckles) and injured pretty much all of my fingers except my thumb. The good news is that I've now had 11 weeks (and counting) of training in using a computer mouse with my left hand (take that carpal tunnel syndrome which I don't yet have!!).

So lessons learned are:
a) I'm getting old: falling over can now be dangerous and cause serious injuries (avoid falling!!).
b) switch hands! It doesn't take that long to get used to.
Brotherman

Post by Brotherman »

^ Glad to hear you're doing better.

And my job is going alright. I have to admit at one point I was starting to think I made the wrong decision, but I'm starting to get the hang of everything. Yesterday they me helping the new(er) with his computer builds while I still worked my tickets... and somehow I still manage to get stuff done. Not really sure I'm supposed to be proud or afraid. :err:
darkly

Post by darkly »

^Good to hear :D Are you getting any vacation this summer?
I feel alright, today is a good day to get stuff done. I'm eager to finish Lightroom today and get started with learning Photoshop.
Yukupo
Administrator

Post by Yukupo »

^Nice! Photoshop is pretty great.

I'm doing better. Been working this contract gig for 5 months so far and its looking good to go permanent. (Though not confirmed yet.)
darkly

Post by darkly »

^I've been wanting to really learn how to use Photoshop for a while. I've used it some and know how to do some things but there is lots of things I don't know. Glad to hear that you are doing better! I hope your work get permanent, it's nice not having to worry about those things.

Holy crap it's hot today! I can't wait for this heat wave to end. I'm trying to not get too annoyed.
Yukupo
Administrator

Post by Yukupo »

Ugh I know. The heat is really bad lately. And wildfires in California are going.. wild. They haven't been bad around here yet but I expect they will soon. :?
Brotherman

Post by Brotherman »

darkly wrote:^Good to hear :D Are you getting any vacation this summer?
I feel alright, today is a good day to get stuff done. I'm eager to finish Lightroom today and get started with learning Photoshop.
Actually, me and my girlfriend were off last week :) We got a log cabin in Gatlinburg TN for a few days. The plan was to propose to her there, but I didn't have the engagement ring yet. :argh: I got the ring now, just trying to figure out were to propose. Definitely going to be this month. :help:

And good luck with Lightroom and Photoshop. :D

Oh, I feel tired. Long day at work plus a three hour drive home to visit my parents. :x
Yukupo
Administrator

Post by Yukupo »

Brotherman wrote:Actually, me and my girlfriend were off last week :) We got a log cabin in Gatlinburg TN for a few days. The plan was to propose to her there, but I didn't have the engagement ring yet. :argh: I got the ring now, just trying to figure out were to propose. Definitely going to be this month. :help:
Omg, good luck :help: That sucks about not having it on time.
Brotherman

Post by Brotherman »

^ Thanks, it worked out for the best though. And it's official....SHE SAID YES!! WE'RE ENGAGED!!! :D
Attachments
Engagement ring
Engagement ring
Yukupo
Administrator

Post by Yukupo »

Dude, congrats! :clap: :D
Brotherman

Post by Brotherman »

Thanks! :D I'm feeling super happy right now.
darkly

Post by darkly »

Congratulations! :clap: :D

That's a beautiful ring! I'm so happy for you, Brotherman! Where did you end up proposing?
Brotherman

Post by Brotherman »

^ Thanks. :D I got impatient and ended up proposing in my apartment. :P
Brotherman

Post by Brotherman »

I'm feeling pretty good, second day at my new job. Definitely not going to be stressful like my last one. :D
Ash

Post by Ash »

Angry and miserable - "People don't leave bad jobs, they leave bad managers". Unfortunately, I doubt I'll be able to leave before 2019. :roll: