Nathan Fillion is Green Lantern....

Discuss a wide variety of things that entertain you! Movies, television, music, sports, anime: it's all welcome here!
Ryudo

Nathan Fillion is Green Lantern....

Post by Ryudo »

In a fanmade trailer.
I recognize where much of the footage came from and still wish this was real,I would go see this.
:P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hTiRnqnvDs
Bambi

Re: Nathan Fillion is Green Lantern....

Post by Bambi »

This just remindeded me how sad I was that Firefly got cancelled. :(
Old Man OL

Post by Old Man OL »

:D
Cool. Hal Jordan is just about my favorite superhero right now, so this is awesome to see. The trailer gets a little cheesy (a little too literally translated from the comics; every superhero comic needs to be changed a bit to be made effectively in live-action, and those Guardians and other lanterns look ridiculous :lol: ), but it's incredibly well-made for something fan-made.
I would like Nathan Fillion as Hal Jordan too, but it's ultimately a bad choice since he's, what... like 40 now? Maybe ten years ago.
Topic title's a little misleading, though. Almost thought this was official news...
Ryudo wrote:The world will end when OL is no longer entertained by us.
Just because.
Sterling
Administrator

Post by Sterling »

If they can have 30 year olds playing high-schoolers, they can have 40 yr olds playing 30 yr olds.
What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons. You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one.
Ryudo

Post by Ryudo »

^ Wait you saying Bev hills 90210 LIED to me in the early 90's?

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
Sterling
Administrator

Post by Sterling »

Anyway I read somewhere that the rapper Common is being lined up as Green Lantern.
What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons. You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one.
Old Man OL

Post by Old Man OL »

Nope, not anymore. That was for the Justice League movie, in which he would have played the John Stewart version of GL. But the project fell apart, and any progress made in casting and whatnot has been nixed. Which is a fucking GREAT thing, because all the casting news I'd heard was awful. They had Adrian Brody playing the Flash, and some fucking 21-year-old no name was going to be Batman.
Ick.
Luckily, it looks like a solo GL movie is much more likely at this point, featuring Hal Jordan wearing the ring. And they've already got a direct-to-DVD animated movie coming next month:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUcsi66YxL4
With any luck in sales, I'd imagine this should get a live-action version up and running in a reasonable amount of time.
Ryudo wrote:The world will end when OL is no longer entertained by us.
Just because.