Archie Comics

Discuss a wide variety of things that entertain you! Movies, television, music, sports, anime: it's all welcome here!
[mYLES]

Archie Comics

Post by [mYLES] »

Yeah, that's right, Archie. The thing your parents read. Well, over the years, I have collected the comics (not so much the last couple of years, but I do use it as reading material on the can), I have close to 500 of them, ranging from 30 years old to 5 years old. I love seeing the difference from old archie to new archie. Also, the dialogue has changed over the years to keep up with the times so it's fun to read the differences there.

I'm just wondering... does anyone read/used to read or collect these comics? And fuck the mystery show, that's just lame.
Sterling
Administrator

Re: Archie Comics

Post by Sterling »

I read them when I was a kid, my uncle had stacks of them, they were awesome.
What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons. You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one.
Brotherman

Post by Brotherman »

Come to think of it I have Archie meets The Punisher and The Punisher meets Archie. Same book, different cover.

ImageImage
KennyNOL

Post by KennyNOL »

Funny, i'm downloading a Punisher Comic torrent that has that comic in there.

I read those comics when I was a kid. Would pick up and read those little mini-books in the grocery every so often, I don't think they have those anymore. I was fascinated with old school Archie. The only reason I started reading them is cause Sonic the Hedgehog was published under Archie Comics and I eventually came across them. I haven't read comics in years though only started getting back in the habit just recently.
Kiba

Post by Kiba »

I used to buy them sometimes when I was a kid. Comics are great.
Sterling
Administrator

Post by Sterling »

Apparently, he's marrying Veronica!?
What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons. You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one.
Brotherman

Post by Brotherman »

^ WTF!?! :shock: I thought he would have married Betty. :help:
Sterling
Administrator

Post by Sterling »