Divine: the series - new web series! Sort of darkish

Discuss a wide variety of things that entertain you! Movies, television, music, sports, anime: it's all welcome here!
darkly

Divine: the series - new web series! Sort of darkish

Post by darkly »

A bunch of film makers (some from shows like Supernatural) are doing this web series called Divine. It's done sort of like a graphic novel kind of way. Basically they are doing a bunch of short episodes and putting it out on the internet for everyone to watch.
The episodes are about 12 minutes and so far only one has come out. They are suppose to put a new one up every sunday. It's not an ordinary tv series but it's more like the story telling of an adventure game. Think Max Payne or something, You get the story in small chunks so that you can go back and watch it again and maybe do some thinking of your own.
I may have made you confused but since it's so short you'll have no problem taking the time to watch it and decide for yourself :D
They have some pretty cool ideas and it's all looking pretty interesting so far. Keep an open mind and have a look, you might like it.

This is their descprition:
“Divine: The Series” is storytelling for the smartphone generation. It’s got the DNA of graphic novels, action-adventure filmmaking, dark supernatural intrigue and cutting edge special effects all combined to create something new and exciting for the web. We want to push the frontiers of online entertainment and tell stories that you can watch in bite-sized chunks, and that you can watch in any order that you like, but at the same time when you watch more episodes, the answers to mysteries about the characters and their world will be unlocked
Watch it here: http://www.divinetheseries.com/
Last edited by darkly on Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
darkly

Re: Divine: the series - new web series! Sort of darkish

Post by darkly »

Bazinga! A picture:

Got milk? No!! But they do have priests.
Attachments
divinetheseries.jpg
divinetheseries.jpg (26.21 KiB) Viewed 12897 times
Agent Of Fortune

Post by Agent Of Fortune »

I always mean to look at this, but I'm usually browsing the forums from work. I'll have to write myself a note. Sounds cool.
darkly

Post by darkly »

^You may be interested to know should you watch it that it's a non linear story which means you don't have to start with episode number 1, you can go straight for number 3 if you'd like. So far 3 out of 6 episodes are out, they've got plans for 22. They'll put new content up every sunday but not always a new episode, sometimes it's a behind the scene video instead. Which is a pretty clever move on their part seeing how it's only for internet at the moment and people aren't to quick on finding and watching new stuff, not to mention getting used to the lenght of the episodes.
Anyway so far 3 episodes are out and it's farily dark and a bit gory although it's done in a non realistic way so it's alrigt even if you aren't into that. Although of the three out now they are quite different. One is fairly slow paced, one's got more action and so on which is interesting because you don't know how the next episode is gonna be. It may seem a bit confusing at first but you are meant to do some thinking on your own so don't expect answers served on a plate.

Regardless of what one may think of the story and the actors I'm really liking the whole concept of webisodes and how it's been presented so far. The creators are very active and like to interact with people in the forum which means should they continue this story they'll be open for feedback and suggestions on which way the story should go and such.
All in all it's left me interested in webseries in general and I'd love to watch more of those.
darkly

Post by darkly »

I'll just leave this here for whomever is interested.

Official trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXWygI6v ... ideo_title

Episode 4 - Simple Men
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxetJnzd ... ure=relmfu

All episodes can also be found here: http://www.divinetheseries.com/